Five

Eli

I'm kidding, I knew who he was.  I was just testing his reaction. And what the hell was he doing here? As far as I'm concerned, he has no business here.

"What?" he asked, confused. I stared at him blankly. He then stood up and went outside.

A few minutes later I heard a commotion and then him and the doctor busted through the door. He was looking furious while the doctor looked scared.

"What the fuck is wrong with my wife?! She doesn't remember me!" He shouted at the poor doctor who was shaking like a leaf. 

"I... uh.. Mrs. Wilde, what do you last remember?" the doctor asked.

"I remember everything doctor, and its miss Herper, I am not married." I stated. The doctor visibly sighed in relief.

"Well then, if you don't have anymore problems, I will take my leave,"  after the doctor left Knox just stood there awkwardly. The hell I care.

"Where's my bag?" I slowly stood up,

"Stay there, I'll get your bag love." I ignored him and looked for my bag.

"Here," I turned to see him holding my bag. I grabbed it and went to the bed.

The first thing that I checked was my phone, Sheeesh, it was already 9pm in the evening and I had a hundred missed calls from my friends. OMG

I immediately called Shiela and in a few rings she answered.

"What the fuck Eli! You were unreachable a while ago! We've been trying to reach you!" I moved the phone away from my ears and cringed.

Seems like I made Sheila worried,

"Sheila, Sheila listen to me," I finally got her to calm down.

"What?" 

"Something happened earlier that's why I wasn't able to come home earlier but I'm about to go home now. I think I'm will still catch the last bus, see you tomorrow." I explained.

"Too late, I'm already at the city, now where the fuck are you?" My eyes widened and  rushed to fix my things.

Shit. She's going to interrogate me when she finds out I'm in the hospital.

"Wait, where are you? I'm coming to you." I said.

"Here at the bus stop, come fast. You have a lot of explaining to do."

I ended the call and fixed myself. I struggled to put my shoes on since I can't really see my bottom half.

Knox came and put my shoes on. I almost forgot that he was here.

"Uh thanks," I mumbled. I clutched my heavy belly and attempted to leave but he  grabbed me by the arms,

"Yes?" I looked at him, he looked like he was about to say something but seeing the emotionless look on my face, he just stared at me.

"Yes?" I repeated.

"Love..." he mumbled but I pretended not to hear. Who is he calling love.

"Who? Look I've got to go, thanks for looking after me here, but I have to go or I'll miss the last bus." I shook off his hand but he had a tight grip on me.

"Please let my hand go,"

"It's late, you can stay with me at the hotel I'm staying. It's dangerous for a pregnant woman to wander at night."

"No thanks, my friend is picking me up." I immediately rejected his offer.

"Let me at least accompany you to your friend," he pushed. I noticed that he was staring at my bump, and I instinctively held it tighter.

What is he playing? 

"Fine." We went out to the hospital and his car was already waiting for us outside with all of the things that I have shopped today. I just kept quiet, not even acknowledging Knox's existence. When we arrived at the bus station, I spotted Sheila's car.

"Thanks again for the help today, have a nice evening." I thanked him once again and got out of the car door.

"Wait Eli!" he called out.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" He asked, hopeful.

"Why? I don't really see the need for you to visit me tomorrow, and besides, I have work." I could've just said no, but I wanted to show him that I was capable of doing something on my own.

"I..." he trailed.

"If you have nothing more to say, goodbye, enjoy your stay here."

I closed his car door and went to Sheila's without looking back. I still feel his gaze at the back of my head.

"Hey..." 

"Don't fucking hey me, we were all worried when you weren't responding to our calls. For Christ sake I-" she stopped her ranting when she saw my tears flowing. I know that I'm the one in the wrong here but I can't help my tears from forming.

Being pregnant makes my hormones be all over the place.

"I- I'm sorry" I cried.

"Aw honey, I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to yell. Let's go home yeah, I think little bean is tired." She caressed my bump which made me comfortable and then we headed home.

Knox's POV

I made it back to my hotel after I saw the car that my wife entered in went to the town. Seeing her face after one painful year was such a blessing. I'm glad that she looked healthy apart from the fact that the doctor said that she's overworking herself. 

My problem now is how I can convince her to come back with me.

Blackmailing her with the custody papers?

Telling her that we're not divorced?

Threatening the people on that town?

I don't know, I don't seem to know anything when it comes to her. I just know that I love her and I will do anything to get her back.