3

Eli

I am now in my fifth month of pregnancy. And I'm expecting a boy!

The past months have been so hard. I was constantly craving for food in the middle of the night, bothering Jake,  and everyone around me. Today, I'm planning to go to the city to shop for baby clothes since Sheila granted me a day off. I know it's a little early but I will have no time to buy clothes in the future. I got dressed in an off white maternity dress which still showed by healthy round bump. I heard my phone rang and it was Sheila.

"Hi Sheila, good morning." I chirped.

"Hey babe, you have plans today?" she asked through the phone.

"Yeah, I was actually planning to go to the city, why, is there something wrong, do you need extra help there?" I asked.

"No, no, I was just calling to check up on you. What time are you coming back?" I looked at the clock and it was 9 am.

"I think I will come back around 3 pm, why?" 

"When you come back come straight to the cafe okay? We are uh, developing a new beverage and we want your pregnant taste buds' critic." I laughed, ever since my craving started, I got picky with food and Sheila took advantage of it. She experiments with different type of ingredients and makes different drinks for me to taste tests because according to her, my taste buds are 'superior'

"All right, how could I ever refuse your food,"

"Bitch don't flatter me, I still remember how you fucking called my recent creations pig food." she was so offended when I called it that. 

"Yeah, and I said I was sorry! HAHA I can't lie to you though." I heard her laugh.

"And I love your honesty but I was expecting a different answer at that time. Okay, got to go, I have a lots of costumers coming, take care of yourself and bean!" She sounded rushed.

"Okay, see you later!" I ended the call and went to the bus stop. After about fifteen minutes of waiting, the bus finally arrived. The seats were full so I just stood there because the seats for pregnant and disabled were occupied by two big men. 

"Hi, excuse me. You can have my seat young lady." I turned and saw a grandma.

"No, it's okay I can stand, thank you for offering though." I gave her a kind smile and rejected her offer.

"Those men have no shame, pretending to have disabilities just to seat in those when those who really need it stands." She said with disdain, I also agree with her but I'm kind off scared, they look like thugs. So even if my feet is aching so bad, i have no choice but to stand.

"Well we can't really do anything with that," I guided the grandma back to her place even though she still insisted that I take her seat. I stood up the whole ride to the city because no one else wanted to give up their seat to a pregnant lady.

When we arrived, the said goodbye to the old lady and went to a nearby cafe to rest. Being pregnant makes everything hard, the constant back pains, feet aches, everything hurts. I get tired so easily and I always want to sleep, not to mention that when I finally get comfortable in my bed, the baby presses on my bladder. 

My friends help me but not all the time they're with me right? And I'm divorced with no family so I take care of myself. I always remind myself that I'm strong enough to overcome this trial in my life but sometimes, I just break down.

"Hi what can I get you." i looked at the menu.

"Uhm, can I have your pineapple juice and breakfast meal please." 

"Yeah, sure, please go there and I will serve your food when it's ready." I went to an empty seat near the window.

'''''''''

After eating, I left the cafe and headed straight to the mall. I fell in love with all these cute clothes and ended up buying too many clothes for the baby, even unnecessary things, I bought it. I went from store to store, department to department, buying clothes left and right until my hands got full. I went to the last shop and left my shopping bags with the store clerk, she was kind and offered to watch them. I was browsing through the clothes and one caught my eyes. It was a navy blue onesie with he caption Daddy's Replica. I held it in my hands and my mind wondered to him. I quickly became emotional to the point that I was hearing things.

"Elina" I heard his voice and I teared up, do I miss him so much? Yeah, I wish I was doing all this with him. I kept staring at the onesie and decided to buy it, as I turned around I bumped into a wall, wow I never knew the wall was behind me.

However, it wasn't a wall.

"My love," he stared at me then at my protruding belly.

"I... wha..." I was confused, what is he doing here. My heart raced and my ears started ringing as I panicked. 

"Eli!" That was the last thing I heard before seeing black.

:))))))

September , 2022