4

Knox

(3 months ago)

These past few months I have been searching for my wife, two months ago, I discovered the most shocking news that made me regret all of the words, the accusations that I directed at my wife. it made me feel worse when the investigation that Trent did said that my wife was framed and she was completely innocent. But instead of looking for her, I focused my time on destroying Benson first. I infiltrated his company with my employees and slowly dragged him down to the mud. 

Three days after Eli left, the maid called me if she would throw away the cake that Eli made, then she sent me a picture of it.  My blood ran cold as I processed those words, 'Hi Daddy!'

She was pregnant? Why didn't she tell me? Was that the reason why she made special dinner that night? Was I wrong about her? Fuck.

(Present time)

I made my men look for her, there wasn't any trace of her leaving the country so I'm pretty sure she didn't leave. She also didn't have many friends. 

Then last week, they found her in the hospital. At first I panicked cause what is she doing in the hospital? Then I realized that she didn't abort our babe. As absurd as it seems, I thought she would hate me and abort the baby, but I knew she wouldn't do that.

She was in a city eight hours away from here. The problem was, when they searched for her address, she wasn't registered as a citizen there so I took matters to my own hand. We arrived here four hours ago and I went to the hospital to check her records. At first, they wouldn't budge and won't give me her address and when i finally mentioned that I was her husband and the father of her baby, they finally gave in. I looked for the place in the address and she was from a town, fifteen minutes away from here.

Before going there I went to the mall to buy her some present. Actually, I was stalling time, I am super nervous of her reaction. I'm sure she would be angry upon realizing that we are not divorced yet. 

I was browsing through the maternity clothes when I saw the baby shop next stall. Something was telling me to go in. After paying for the dresses that I got, I went straight to the baby shop. As I went inside, my heart suddenly started beating faster out of the blue then I saw a familiar back facing against me. Her, my wife.

My feet felt like they were rooted to the fucking ground. I stared at her back for five minutes not knowing how to approach her and what to say to her. I mustered up my courage and took slow strides towards her.

"Eli" I called out.

Her body visibly froze and because I was taller than her, I saw what she was holding from behind. Daddy's Replica. Seconds later, she continued what she was doing, inspecting the clothes, she must have thought that she was hearing things.

"Elina," I called out for the second time and she ignored it once again. I heard her murmur some things and then turned around bumping into me.  She looked up at me and her eyes widened. We stared at each other, she has this glow to her, which I never saw before. My eyes landed on her bump which still shows despite her wearing a loose dress, our baby.

She stared at me then suddenly fainted.

"Eli!" I was so relieved when I caught her before her head hit the floor. I immediately rushed her to the hospital, ordering my men to take care of the things she left at the store.

'''''

I sat beside my sleeping wife waiting for the results. She slept so beautifully, I convinced myself it was normal for someone to stare at someone while sleeping, cause well, she is my wife. You can stare at your wife, you have the right.

The door opened revealing the doctor, I immediately stood up.

"Are you a family of the patient?" 

"I'm her husband, what happened to her?" My tone came out harsh and hard. The doctor flinched and spoke,

"Overheat is common around pregnant women because their blood vessels dilate when they become pregnant, causing them to fain when they overheat. Also, she is slightly dehydrated and probably tired." He started.

"But is she and our baby okay?" I cut him off.

"Fortunately, both the mother and the child are fine, but I suggest if she is working or making her self busy everyday, you should put her into bed rest for the meantime. Her pregnancy is quite fragile. The baby is strong but the mother's body is weak, most likely from working too much." I felt guilty. Was she working? I think so because the money I have given her was not much, and I forbid her to work when we were together, simply because I didn't want her to tire herself out.

The guilt was eating me alive, what kind of work does she do? To the point that she wore her body out to make money. 

"Okay doctor, anymore things that you want to say?"

"Well none too important but she can be discharged this day actually..." he stopped talking when we heard a groan coming from the bed.

I rushed to Eli, seeing her eyes flutter open.

"Argh.." she groaned softly, and slowly pushed herself up. I guided her  but she pushed my hands away, it hurts but what reaction was I expecting? Bijj

"Are you okay my love? Is something hurting?" I asked her,

"Water.." She mumbled while sitting up. I got the water from the table near the bed and made her drink from my hand but she yanked the bottle from me and drank it herself.

Ouch.

"Mrs, how are you feeling?" the doctor asked after a few minutes. She looked confused at his term on her.

"I... I feel fine now doctor, what happened?" she groggily asked.

"As I have mentioned to your husband, the cause of your fainting is overheating. Luckily the baby is fine but you should lessen physical activities because your body is quite fragile. I you do not have anymore questions, I shall take my leave." The doctor left, leaving us two in complete silence.

"Eli, are you hungry? Do you want to eat anything?" I asked her.

She didn't respond instead she looked at me in the eye and blurted out a question which made me wonder what the fuck happened to her the past few months that we've been away with each other.

"I'm really sorry, but, who are you?"

''''''' 

What in the glitch just happened? HAHAHAHA

Stay tuned and follow me gois!