7

He took us to a fancy diner in town. 

After we sat down the waiter took our orders and we were left in silence. Awkward silence...

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I broke the silence. He looked nervous, that is a first. He was usually oozing with confidence.

"Mi love, I never processed our divorce papers," I gaped at him. 

"What are you talking about? What do you mean?" I asked, he was the one who looked desperate in divorcing me, why the hold up?

"I-I found out the truth milove, I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I looked for you for months, to apologize and to fix our family." 

"So just because you had evidences that is why you believed I was innocent, but when I tried to explained myself, your wife, the one who you should trust the most, you threw me out? now that I'm fixing my life again, you just barge your way in and expect me to drop off what I had worked so hard to achieve and go with you?" I was in tears. Betrayal and hurt were the emotions that covered my entire rationality. He obviously he didn't trust my words and relied more on papers. What are the odds that this could happen again when go back with him?

"Elaina please, there is no excuse for what I did to you and I want to make it up to you, the time we lost, and you definitely need someone to care for you these times. I know that you probably don't trust me anymore but I'll earn it back, if you just let me Eli please," he pleaded, and honestly due to pregnant hormones, it's working.

"I don't know if I can, I'm scared" I said sobbing. All of a sudden, I felt pee running down my legs. I froze, not knowing what to do. The baby is not supposed to be coming today, my gosh.

"Love, are you okay. Is bean kicking?" he looked worried.

"B-bean is coming I think..." I whimpered as another wave of pain washed through me.

He immediately picked me up and rushed to the car.

I winced, the pain...

"Just wait baby, we're near the hospital," his voice was shaking. I looked at him and I was sweat running down his neck.

He then held my bump and caressed it. 

"Bean please calm down and don't give mommy a hard time." he said. As if bean was listening, the pain subsided a little bit. 

Not even a minute later we arrived at the hospital and he rushed me inside.

"Y-your car," I said, he really just abandoned it open in the entrance. What if he got robbed?

"It doesn't really matter. I can just buy a new one, I needed a new car anyways." This brat, he wastes money like he grows them.

I was then taken to a delivery room with Knox of course, he wouldn't even put me in the wheelchaihen the nurses told him to, he carried me the whole entire time.

My ob-gyne soon entered the room.

"Miss Harper, you are giving birth to a premature baby. Let's do our best."

I pushed and pushed.

"Good job, I can see the head Eli!" She was hyping me up but tiredness took over my body.

"I-I c-can't do it" I sobbed. I felt Knox kissing my head.

"You can do it baby, for me, for our bean," he whispered in my ear. 

I gathered all my strength and gave a push. And another, and another until I felt the baby leaving my body.

I was waiting for a cry but none came. I lost all my  strength that's why I couldn't lift my head to see what was going on.

"K-knox..." I called to get his attention but he was looking at the direction of the baby. What was happening? 

I tried to call out his name again but all of a sudden my body was too tired to even keep my eyes open.