Chapter 17

Alexander Romano

"Hmm, okay. Stay there and make sure that Ari's safe." I heaved out a little sigh of relief when Eli called me to inform that they have reached the safe house with Ari. 

As much as I dislike Avery, I could not help but to worry for her. After all, she is our sister. We all knew how much Ari means to her, it was not surprising that she would come up with such an idea in order to protect her twin. 

The eerily silent night made me ponder if I had made the right choice of using Avery as the bait. I could have took both of them to the safe house, but I chose to leave Avery here just to lure the culprit out. I had no idea if I was doing it out of revenge for what she had said or purely wanting to apprehend the mastermind behind the threat. 

Suddenly, the sound of glass shattering could be heard from the outside and followed by the sound of gunshots. I immediately whipped out my guns that were kept in the drawers. Slowly, opening the door, I found Theo, Axel, Mason, and Lucas at different corners of the house, trying to get rid of the intruders. 

Multiple number of bullets were shot through the air and I immediately dashed out of my office and found a spot to take cover. Axel noticed my appearance and nodded his head firmly at me, we both then sprang up from our spot and shot 4 men each right in the head. 

As if on cue, a loud shattering sound came from Bea's room and we all snapped our heads towards that direction. Mason cursed out loud before dashing towards the room. Both Axel and Theo scanned around the area to make sure that there were no one left before we all followed suit. 

The scene in front of us was horrendous, with all the furniture badly damaged and there was a puddle of blood on the ground, with some bloodstains here and there. There was a masked man lying near the foot of the bed. Axel went forward and checked for any signs of life in him before he turned over and looked at us with a firm nod,"He's still alive." I then dialed for a few of our men to get that bastard to the basement where we can get information out of him. Mason looked absolutely furious as he stomped out of the room and checked Avery's room which was right beside. 

Avery was gone.

Avery Romano

I felt the hard pounding in my head as I slowly gained back my consciousness. The last thing I remembered was two men barged into my room with guns and I tried to fight against them. I remembered that I managed to take one of them down but I was no match against the other. Probably I fainted because that bitch sedated me since I recalled feeling a strong pinch on the back of my neck. 

Wincing in pain, I realised that I was tightly tied onto the chair with multiple coils of rope. Glancing around the dark room, there was absolutely no way out besides the door because there was not a single window in sight. 

My ears picked up a soft and faint footsteps that was approaching the room and I immediately put on my guard. The door creaked loudly as the person walked into the dark room. I couldn't figure out his face yet because I could still feel the drowsiness from the jab. But he felt oddly familiar.

As he walked closer to me, my eyes widened slightly in shock and I let out a heavy breath. Uncle Felix, no Felix Parker was the one behind all of these. There was no trace of remorse shown on his face as he grinned with all evil intentions at me. 

He bent down slightly and got his face placed right in front of mine and chuckled drily,"My, my. Look who I've got here. The missing youngest Ariana Romano, the one and only." I almost laughed at his idiocy. Fancy not knowing whom you've kidnapped and calling out for the wrong person. 

My eyes remained narrowed at him as he continued scrutinising me. He continued,"It's been so long since we've seen each other, didn't we? The last time you caught me meeting up with your mother, but I was kind enough to let you go. However, this time you won't be so lucky." He snarled at me by the end of his sentence. 

Remaining unfazed, I looked back at him in eye and questioned,"Why are you doing this, Felix Parker?" To say I was livid was an understatement. He was dad's close friend back when he was still alive. He was the Don of the German mafia and we've always been in an alliance with them since they were best friends for a long time. But to realise that he was the one who may have been behind the threat, it made me furious that he betrayed dad who treated him like a close brother. 

He picked up the fallen chair that was not too far away from us and plopped himself in the seat right in front of me. Crossing his legs across the other, he smirked,"Great surprise, isn't it? To see a familiar face. Since you're about to die soon, I will let you in to a small secret. Remember that night back in 14 years time? I was the one behind it."

My fists clenched so tightly that I could feel my nails digging right into my palm and felt a tiny sensation of blood trickling down my palms. If I had a gun with me right now, I would definitely blow off his brains up to a thousand, no a million times. 

"Want to know why I did all these? An eye for an eye, Ariana. That's something you should be familiar in this world. When someone did you wrong, you will do double of what they did and pay back to them." He threw his head back and laughed out loud, with the silent night echoing his evil laughter. 

"The satisfaction in me was indescribable in words when I witnessed how heart broken he was when he heard that your mother didn't love him! He experienced the same heartache as I did back then, and he deserved that!" He yelled in my face as he gripped my jaw tightly. 

He let go of my face and stood up from his seat then continued,"That son of a bitch slept with my wife! He slept with her knowing that she was married to me! And you know what was the worst of all? I caught them both sleeping in our room, our bed!" He kicked harshly at the chair and it flew all the way to the other side of the room. 

My jaw clenched tightly and my lips pursed in a thin line,"No, dad won't ever do that. He loved that woman so much and he treated you like a close brother, there's no way in hell that he would do such thing and harm anyone!" I screamed, losing all control of my temper. 

I refused to believe what I've just heard. Dad will never be such a person and I have faith in that. 

No matter what.

updated! tadaaaaa not sure if this should be the climax of the story but for me I feel that it is HEHEHHE but stay tune because there's more drama behind!!

Happy reading! -7/9/2022