Chapter 64

Roman Parker

After getting of the vehicle, we found out that she had changed the destination to another abandoned building which was not too far away from here. Thank God Reine had a tracker on her, if not we would be wasting more time on finding their location. 

Screaming and yelling kept coming over from the transmitter, and we knew we had to get into the building soon before that woman does anything crazy. We split into three's, both Lorenzo, Alexander and I somehow got into the same group. 

Observing the number of men she had stationed on the first level, Mason and Vincenzo's groups were the first to ambush those men in a swift move. After clearing the coast, we moved quickly but quietly, proceeding to the second floor. 

Just when we thought we were done settling with her men, 5 more came out from nowhere and that caught us off guard. I immediately pulled the trigger on one man and he dropped dead onto the ground. The rest of the men were killed by Lorenzo within the blink of an eye. He looked kind of scary, not gonna lie. 

Alexander Romano

The commotion that we had caused probably got her attention that she had turned her head towards our direction. We immediately took cover at different corners of the place. As she continued inching forward, Reine directed her attention to herself instead, "I believe we're not done yet. Didn't you promise to finish me once you have the chance?" 

Caroline Monet stopped moving towards our direction, but at the expense of Reine's life that we were saved for now. Vincenzo looked as though he was ready to jump out and shoot her if he could, if not for Mason's hold on him. 

As she headed back towards Reine, Theo and Axel moved slowly towards where Ari was tied to. She noticed us and widened her eyes in fear and surprise. Eli held a finger to his lips and shook his head slightly at Ari to make sure that she wouldn't look too suspicious of where she was looking. 

Both Theo and Axel were trying to pry off the chains and get Ari out of the place as fast as possible so that we could end this once and for all, without Reine getting hurt in the process, without to say. Reine continued distracting Caroline Monet as the pair worked on the chains.

"I did promise to kill you, don't worry, you will join your father very soon." She loaded her gun with bullets slowly as all of her attention was on Reine. My heart was pounding wildly as each second ticked past. 

Reine Parker

"Why do you hate me so much? I deserve to know this before I die, don't I?" I questioned. It was the truth. If everything would end right here and now, I ought to give myself a closure so that I can finally let go of the daunting past. 

"Because you're an exact replica of your father. The way you smile, talk, and behave. Everything of you reminds me of him, and that's what made me hate you more than the rest of your siblings." She spat, as though the thought of my father disgusted her. My fist clenched by my side as I hear her insulting the person I love the most. She had no right. 

"You're insane. And here I thought you would still have the last bit of sanity in you." I snapped. 

She laughed maniacally, "Now that I've fulfilled your last wish, can I send you on your way to your father now?" Just as she was about to position her gun at me, a clear shot rung through the air. Lorenzo shot her in the shoulder as she cursed out loud and dropped to the ground with her hand clutching onto her shoulder. 

Ari was out of sight together with a few of them. I let out a small sigh of relief upon seeing, at least she was safe from her hands. 

She turned her head back in pain, realising that she was outnumbered by us. 

"Ganging up to kill your mother? That's not very nice." She mocked, wincing in pain in every few seconds. She somehow managed to stand up from the ground, and yelled in French. All of a sudden, two groups of men emerged from the shadows as she regained her composure. 

"You think I would just bring one group of men for a big day like this?" Shit, I thought they would have settled those men. 

The place soon turned into chaos as stray bullets flew through the air and one wrong step could end up with a bullet in your skull. Some of them even brought daggers and knives. The amount of bloodshed in the place was indescribable. 

Amidst the chaos, Caroline Monet's focus was still on me as I watched her positioned her gun, trying to take an aim at me. I whipped out my gun as well, preparing to take her down before she could. However, from the corner of my eye, one of her men was aiming his gun at Lorenzo, who happened to be back facing him and fighting off three men at once. 

I had to risk it, if not Lorenzo could end up dead from the way the gun was positioned. I turned the cock of the barrel towards the man instead of Caroline and held my breath before pulling the trigger. The bullet went straight into his head, spilling a pool of blood on the concrete ground. 

"Avery!" a voice yelled, as I felt a muscular body covered mine and we both fell onto the ground. It felt too familiar, just like the time when Lorenzo saved me. Just that this time it was Alexander instead, with a bullet pierced through his chest. 

Blood trickled out of his mouth as more blood flowed out of his chest. There was blood everywhere, so much blood. I snapped out of my trance as I laid him on the ground, taking off my jacket and applying pressure on his wound. I could feel my blood getting cold each time he wheezed to take in air. 

To make things worse, a sharp burning pain spread through my stomach as I looked down, only to find the small patch of red stain growing bigger. And Caroline Monet was taking her next aim again. She has such fucking shit aiming skills. 

I released my hands on the jacket, as I pushed one of my hand on the ground to support myself. I can't die yet, not now. I have to make sure Alex was safe before anything happens to me. Pushing myself forward, I gripped onto the gun and aimed at Caroline. 

Bang!

Bang!

Two loud shots rang and it seemed as though everyone stopped. She fell backwards as she laid in a pool of her own blood. It was only then that the rest of them noticed that both Alexander and I were down.

The gun in my hand dropped to ground as the pain in my stomach escalated. Glancing over at Alexander, he was taking slow but quick breath. Reaching out for his hand, I used the last bit of my energy to give his hand a small squeeze and whispered, "Don't you die on me, Xan."

The last image of the place was seeing Vince and the rest running towards us. I finally gave in to the pain and my hand gave way, causing me to fall to the ground, embracing the darkness ahead.

The only difference this time round was that, I want to live.

double update! hope to end this before the year ends as well!!

Happy reading! -29/12/22