Chapter 68

Reine Parker

It felt weird, yet amazed at how all four of them could actually sit down in peace and keep their mouths shut for the first time in my life. 

I was starting to regret what I had promised Alexander back then, because I was scared. Scared of what they say would open up the wound that had just started to heal. I was afraid to face the truth if that was what going to describe me. 

Ari wanted to join too, saying that she has things to apologise and all, which Alexander didn't comment on but I believed that she had apologised before. I could understand from where she was coming from, the fear of being ignored by your own family after witnessing how your twin was treated. I guess a part of me could understand her. 

Alexander was still confined to the bed because I had strictly ordered him to, but it seemed that he was absolutely well enough to be pestering me to hear them out everyday. 

And here we are, sitting around in an awkward atmosphere, not knowing where to start from. 

Getting slightly frustrated at the silence, I commented, "Is this how you want to talk? If yes, then I'm afraid I'm not up for this." 

"We were stupid, no in fact, we are stupid to believe all those bullshit she told us." Alexander begun, after hearing my words. I mean, well, at least he had some self-awareness. 

"At that point of time, when we saw you holding the gun in your hands and just thought that all her words fell into place and made sense. We've lost all of our logic, though that could never be an excuse for that." He continued, while I remained silent. 

"After dad died, we didn't know how to look at you the same way as we did before. So we all decided to shun you out, because we thought it was the best way to not think about it." Elijah added. 

"But in the process of pushing me out of your minds, all of you started believing that I was the one who caused the misery of the family, didn't you?" I asked, thinking back about the times when I was desperately begging for them to believe me. 

None of them replied, for it was the ugly truth behind it. 

I sighed, as I stood up and their heads snapped up upon it. 

"I need some time to think through everything. Right now I just can't listen to anything that you guys are saying without losing my shit at you, and I don't think that's the right way so I'm stopping it here for today." Disappointment appeared on their faces but they nodded their heads  anyways. 

"Take all the time you need,  we'll wait, no matter what." Alexander assured, and with that I left the room. 

I headed straight for my room, and locked the room as I did not want to interact with anyone. And I meant everyone.

The night approached in the blink of an eye and many different knocks came onto the door, hoping that I would open the door and head downstairs to join them for dinner. Even Vince came knocking on the door but I merely told him to leave me some alone time to think through. And I was thankful that he respected my words. 

Just as I was about to turn over to the other side of the bed, a brief knock came on the door.

"It's Roman, are you going to lock me outside too?" He asked. Heaving out a deep sigh, I pushed myself off the bed and walked towards the door before unlocking it. 

He walked into the room, not forgetting to close the door after entering and plopped himself right on the bed. 

"We will head back to England tonight." That was his first sentence and that got my attention.

"What?" I blinked, not moving my eyes away from his nonchalant look. 

He shrugged and replied, "I did warn them that if you're not satisfied with that shit talk, I will bring you back to England." 

I sighed again, shaking my head at him, I replied, "It's not their problem, it's mine. I just...don't know what to feel about this whole situation."

Turning his body to face me, he looked at me and said, "If you're pissed at it, tell them. If you're confused, tell them. If you bottle up every single emotions that you have, for fear that they won't understand you, you will never be able to make peace with that knot in your heart. Tell me, are you going to spend the rest of your life debating whether or not to forgive them?"

I shook my head. 

"Then express your feelings, shout at them if needed. Let them know what and why you're feeling like this. I hate to say this but, you have to see, not with your eyes, but with your heart. Are they still the same people from back then? Your heart probably already has an answer, so right now what you can do is to open up your heart for the answer." He continued, while I nodded slowly.

I leaned forward and hugged him out of a sudden, "Thank you. For tolerating my nonsense at times like this." 

He patted my back softly, and replied, "I've always been."

updated! 

Happy reading! -6/1/2023