Sneak Peek : Prologue

He was here.

Amelia could not believe they were finally breathing the same air after so long. She was practically shaking to meet the man.

"Tap your foot on the ground any longer and I bet you can make a hole in the floor, just a little longer." Her sister-in-law Catherine spoke up keeping her eyes on the book in front of her

"Haha, very funny Katie."

"She's not wrong though, you should just go." Eugiene spoke right after making Amelia fling herself further into the couch.

They all sat at Buckingham Palace that early morning and they had also been briefed about everything that was going to happen.

"I cannot just barge in, I need to use my brother, your husband, as a ploy."

"How are you going to know that he's there though?" Amelia smirks before a knock on the door was heard

"Enter!"

"Your Highness, your brother just walked passed said hallway."

"Thank you Logan, any word on Princess Layla?"

"No Your Highness, shall you need any escort?"

"No thank you Logan, you can leave." The moment the door closed, Amelia sprung up and headed towards it

"Don't trip from running!"

"I will try not to, Katie." She walked out and made her way to one of the hidden passages in the palace and shoved herself in before anyone could notice as she bolted through it.

Amelia was beyond excited.

She managed to find myself just in front of one of the halls where Lewis was situated, just behind those doors.

"What are you doing?" Jack, Eugenie's husband, asked making his sister jump

"Oh heavens, do not do that!" She hit him and dodged right before he did it back. 

"You know your father not gonna let you in, right?"

"That is why I am going with you, obviously."

"You're hopeless." She wrapped her arm around his and walked in ignoring their father's gaze.

"And he finally arrives, Lewis I'm sure you've met Jack and my daughter Amelia."

"It's a pleasure to meet you again." He smiled fixing his gaze on her

"The pleasure is ours, shall we begin?" Amelia announced before taking her place beside his parents where they talked briefly.

His PR team as well as the Royal PR team got ready to take pictures.

When the ceremony was over, Amelia mingled with everyone a bit more before slipping a piece of paper to Lewis.

"Well I must get going, I have other royal engagements to attend." She smiles brightly before giving her father a kiss on the cheek

"Oh but we were about to have lunch-"

"It is fine Daddy, I shall eat elsewhere. It was an honor meeting you Mr and Mrs Hamilton, your son is one of a kind."

The moment she stepped out of the room however, she bolted into the closest room and shut the door behind her.

A few minutes later, the door opened traveling who she had been waiting for.

He walked in and she ran towards him pulling him into a hug while he placed a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Gosh, I have missed you so much!" I stepped back for a moment before attacking him into a hug once more

"You tell me, Covid and the races haven't been the nicest to us."

"The palace and duties have been hell, I never even have time to properly call you, I am regretfully sorry."

"There's no fuss, you're a literal princess."

"And you're knighted, how does that feel?"

"Like I never should've gotten it especially since I'm involved with the princes."

"What they do not know, will not hurt them."

"This is a risky game you're playing, Princess." He placed his hand on her hips drawing her closer making her heart skip a beat. The way he said it wasn't making anything better as well.

"I wish you could stay here forever but they will think something is wrong if you are gone for too long."

"Unfortunately. The note slip was really good though, kudos to that."

"Learnt from the best." She winked at him before they said their final goodbyes with a long hug. The princess waved him off before going back towards the window so she could see when he drives off.

"Had fun with your lover boy?" Amelia wiped around violently hitting William who held his arm in pain after just walking out of one of the secret passages.

"Oh. It's just you." He looked slightly offended then I spoke up again, hitting him one more time "And do not say that out here for the whole world to know!"

"But it's the truth, is it not?"

"William, I swear! And how did you even know which room I was in?"

"It's not that hard to guess, it's the room with most of the passages in the palace."

"You're horrible."

"You love me, I am your favourite brother."

"Sure you are, when you leave tell Lottie I will be with her soon and if you see Layla, direct her here please."

"Am I not your favourite?"

"Did you hear anything I said?"

"I'll tell them but you tell me, I'm your favourite, right?"

"Mhmm."

"Amelia."

"Bye Will."

"Amelia Mountbatten-Windsor."

"Bye!"

The Crown
Coming soon (01/12/23)