I.

New Years 2019

"You can go." Amelia turned to look at her grandmother after her father just shot her down and walked out of the room.

"I can go...?"

"Go to the pub party before your father figures out I let you go, it is Queen's orders, he cannot fight me if I say that."

"You're really letting me go?"

"It's new years my love, Harry and William have had their share of chaos growing up, it won't hurt for you to have a little bit of fun. Now run along and try not to get photographed."

"Highly unlikely but thank you, really. I will go change and I probably would not be back until much later so goodnight." Amelia kissed her on the forehead before slipping away from the New Year's party at the palace.

She ran all the way to her room and pulled out a dress she had been saving for an opportunity like this, according to Layla, her best friend and cousin, it was too iconic to wear a little black dress for would like this.

Now her biggest problem was slipping out of the area without being stopped by guards.

"Harry please, you always got away with things like these, I need you to help me." She begged her brother who was trying to get to his wife as fast as possible

"Lia, I can't help you. I could endure getting in trouble by myself but with you I have to set an example."

"You're no fun now that you're married, this is the only thing I ask."

"I'm sorry Amelia, I can't get you in trouble."

"This is so unfair!"

"What's unfair?"

"Oh thank goodness, Billy can you help me get past the guards and get to Layla's car? Grandmama said I could go." William looks between his two siblings then down at his princess who was fast asleep in his arms

"You're supposed to be setting an example for the royal family."

"To hell with the royal family."

"You're part of the royal family." Harry mused

"Just please, just this once?" The two of them looked at each other then sighed. She had them right where she wanted.

"Lewis, you have to let loose, go have fun!" Seb called out through the phone. He was celebrating new years with his family leaving Lewis alone for the break, like usual.

"It's so tiring, drinking and clubbing isn't for me anymore, that's for the incoming drivers."

"Are you finally admitting to yourself that you are old? I thought we'd never see the day."

"You know what, you're right. I will go and have the time of my life."

"In your late 30s."

"Seb, I swear."

"Alright, have fun, try to get a girl to sign an NDA tonight so you can have some fun."

"Acting like it's not a total turn off."

"Who knows what's a turn off, they're gonna be spending the night with the Lewis Hamilton."

"Goodnight Seb, have a happy new year."

"Of course, you too!"

Lewis cut the call and walked to his wardrobe to find something to wear that didn't usually scream his usual style because he was trying to lay low.

He grabbed a black sweats set and paired them with his Tommy Hilfiger trainers and left his place while scrolling on Twitter to look for any New Year's parties going on.

He eventually found one not too far from where he stayed and walked in. The party was at full blast, just an hour before midnight.

"It's party time! Let's go to the DJ booth, don't forget your drinks!" Layla yelled over the loud blaring music at her already flushed friend who was just as drunk as she was, they clearly didn't think it through enough to figure out who'd get them back home.

Amelia flowed with the music, alcohol making her feel a lot more comfortable and relaxed in such a controversial atmosphere.

She was surprised no one had noticed her just yet and it made her feel like she was on top of the world, William and Harry had nothing on her recklessness.

She swayed to the sound of the music, her annoyingly long hair whipping in every direction but she still looked majestic.

While heading towards the DJs booth, she stumbled on her feet and bumped into a man.

"Holy fuck, you're the princess!" Her heart dropped as she glanced back at Layla who was trying to wrap her head around the situation.

It didn't take long until he pulled out his phone and held the princess tightly around her wrist so she wouldn't escape from the picture. Only then did Layla realise what was happening.

The hot-headed girl charged towards the man and swung at him but not fast enough for a few pictures to be taken by him and a few people around him.

She dragged Amelia away and rushed through the front door to get away. I'm the frenzy, she bumped into someone again making her fall into his arms.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" His eyes held warmth in it but before she could reply she was pulled again by Layla leaving the man slightly confused.

A few feet away, cameras started shuttering and she knew she had fucked up. What a great way to start the new year, shitfaced princess shrugging off covid policies as she parties the night away.

Fuck her.

A punch was all Lewis could see before the flashing of multiple cameras. He was pretty confused but shrugged off any feelings of curiosity just so he wouldn't get caught.

He had bumped into an old friend either way at the pub and they had shared a few drinks together but not too much to make Lewis end up stranded.

As he downed his last shot, a girl bumped into him.

"Are you alright?" He gazed down at the blonde who looked at him through her big brown eyes in awe before she regained her composure.

"Yeah I-, I am fine. I have to go." She pushed herself off him along with a tug that came from someone beside her.

He watched as she left and all he could think of was why on earth she spoke so proper and if she had recognised who he was. He brushed it off either way seeing as she's left the premises and didn't take any pictures.

He faced the drink in front of him and continued his conversation from before.

nvsh speaks, so the layout for this book
is pretty different but I hope you liked the
first chapter! for all my pulchritudinous
babies I am beyond sorry for no updates
for months. I haven't gotten anytime for
myself cause of school and these chapters
we're pre-written.

I love you guys so much and I'll try and
update pulchritudinous as soon as I can
for you guys since Thursday is my last day
in school. I'll make it work this holiday
I'll try my best x

much love xx