VII.

Seventeenth of December, 2020

Quite quickly, Lewis found himself winning his seventh world title breaking the record of most Formula One WDCs held by a single person. It was quite the week to celebrate but he decided to cut the extended trip short and make his way back to London not only to see his family but also to meet his royal date.

When he arrived back in his home country, he was heavily welcomed by not only fans but his family. He had planned everything so perfectly but even so, he found himself worried that something would go wrong.

Samantha, his sister, played a big role in helping him set up virtually everything that could possibly be the best first date ever. Not only was she a big help, he had managed to get in touch with Layla with Harry's help, which gave him an insight into what Amelia thought of her dream first date. It wasn't easy, especially since she was an actual princess but he was determined to do his best. Oh, and Sebastian helped too. 

When he arrived at Gatcombe Park, where they had decided he would pick her up, he used a pretty low-key car even though it was still a Mercedes but at least it had tinted windows. He parked where she wouldn't be seen and walked to the door of the secret pathway waiting for her to emerge and once she did, he was in awe. 

Her hair flowed down her shoulders and she definitely didn't dress like a royal princess but it ran in her blood and she stood out. She had a black puffer jacket on that was keeping her warm, a black turtle neck, black jeans, black boots, and a black headband that tied her look all together while her hair flowed past her shoulders and of course, her face mask in which matched with his black hoodie set and a big nice white jacket and his mask.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Congratulations on your seventh win by the way."

"Thank you, we should get you into the car, it's warmer there."

"Oh yeah, of course." They walked towards his rented tinted Mercedes GLK reminding himself that he owed Toto one and opened the door for her. Once she was inside, he buckled the seatbelt for her and softly closed the door before getting on the other side to drive.

"So, where are we going?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

Lewis had been in London for a total of probably 3 days when he rang Amelia up and told her the game plan for the evening he would come steal her away from her duties. As a ploy, she had told her father that she would be spending time at Gatcombe Park before she had to come back to her packed schedule. 

When she arrived, it was 5 hours before the time he would come to pick her up. In a rush, she ran to Layla's bedroom and walked into her closet looking for anything she could wear out of their emergency disguise stash which is when Layla walked out of the bathroom alongside her mother who had helped her with her hair.