II.

Fourth of January, 2020

"Do you have any idea what you have done?!" A tablet was slammed onto the table that morning making Amelia lower her level of vision.

All members of the royal family were present including Layla who had kept her right hand under the table to avoid the prying eyes of the people around her. The children had been dismissed minutes prior and their majesties were yet to be awake for the mandatory first family breakfast of the year.

"I thought I had told you not to go to the bloody party and this is what I wake up to? And you, you dragged her into this!" Her turned his gaze towards Layla who also refused to look up.

"Oh, what's all the ruckus about?" The sound of Her Majesty's voice echoed in the background

"The tabloids Mama, Amelia and Layla are pasted all over it and I told her not to go! I should ring up Anne."

"Oh well yes, I told her to go and there's no need to ring Layla's mother. It was supposed to be a harmless New Year's party, what went wrong?" The frail woman placed her hand on Amelia and Layla's shoulders. All of them still wore robes as it was quite early, 7 am to be exact and it was a family thing.

"Well for starters, Miss Phillips, reveal your knuckles." Layla showed her left hand "the other one." She then revealed her bruises.

"Oh dear, you should get that checked, Harry go get the in-nurse."

"How are you so lenient about this?"

"She is merely a child."

"She turns 30 this year, it's about time you treat her as such. Treat both of them as such."

"Mama, you can't keep covering for her, there are consequences to her actions."

"Then she will learn to deal with those consequences on her own."

Lewis woke up with a horrible headache that morning after a few drinks he had shared with his friends the day before.

He hasn't been able to wind down. Despite the last year being amazing with him winning his 6th WDC, almost tying with Schumacher himself but he just couldn't feel it.

He begrudgingly got up from bed and took a long hot shower before walking down only to be met with his niece and nephew snuggling him in a hug.

"Why hello, when did you two get here?"

"Not too long ago, mummy's in the kitchen." His niece replied before letting him go to run around with Roscoe and Coco.

The moment Lewis stepped foot in the kitchen he was met with his sister's cooking.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He spoke up making her eyes roll

"Happy New Years to you too, thank God for your shower when I walked in you were reeking of alcohol."

"Just a little new years drinking, nothing too fancy."

"Oh, I'm sure. Can you please turn on the telly, my phone has been blowing up."

"BBC?"

"I guess so."

He moves to turn on the television and made himself comfortable before his sister walked in handing him the second cup of tea in her hands before sitting at the other suddenly of the couch.

He scrolled through the channels until he made it to Sky News where it was already written in bold.

PRINCESS OF WALES' CLUBBING DISASTER