IV.

Eighteenth of August, 2020

Harry had left two months ago. True to his words, Harry and Meghan flew out of England and landed in the States a few hours later. They had little to no security with them and Amelia hadn't talked to him ever since that day.

She had spoken to Meghan of course, but Harry was a sour subject. She didn't know why it was or why she was even upset, it was his life after all so why was she so angry?

She'd spent most of her time under this lockdown with Layla and when they weren't together, Amelia read books, went for a swim, played with William's children, and rode the horses whenever she could. She also spoke with Lewis a lot more.

She had learnt that some of the races were back on the schedule and she had also watched some of it and by some of it, she never missed a single race since it started this year.

"How's it going with lover boy?" Her head whipped around to look at her sister-in-law who was feeding little Louis.

"Katie, his name is Lewis."

"Ah, but how did you know I was referring to him?" She raised her eyebrow making Amelia roll her eyes

"Auntie Lia, who's lover boy?" George asked, stopping his colouring. It was one of the rare times he didn't have to be bombarded with royal protocol.

"I- he is nobody. It is a made-up person, do not worry yourself about it." She explained glaring at Catherine who had her hand over her mouth

"Who's a made-up person?" Prince Phillip asked as he strolled into the room with a smile on his face

"Oh gramps, I- I did not see you there..." Amelia's voice raised to a higher octave before shutting her mouth. He didn't believe a single thing that left her mouth

"Well anyway, Cabbage wanted to see you Lia, I think she has something she either wants to tell you or give you."

"Oh okay, shall we?" She wrapped her arm around his when she stood

"Yes, we shall."

The two of them walked with their arms crossed around each other's until they made it to Her Majesty's room.

"This is where I leave you. When you come out, do find me. I want to hear about this imaginary person who's brought such a lovely smile to your face." He placed a kiss on her forehead and her cheeks flushed.

She walked in and saw her Granny signing some papers before she looked up and sent her a smile.

"Lia, I wanted to talk to you about taking the legal name of Sussex." She placed a hand on Lia's who now sat at the foot of her chair with her hand on Her Majesty's lap.

"Granny, what do you mean?"

"With Harry not giving me a... proper answer, we don't know if he still wants the title and I know you're quite busy with Lancaster but you're the best person I thought of when appointing people to become Duchess or Duke of Sussex."

"You want me to become Duchess of Sussex and Lancaster?"

"If it's okay with you, that is. Or you could simply give me another option. I would never want to force you to do anything you wouldn't like. Of course, Harry would still have the Duke of Sussex in all his legal stuff either way." Amelia was lost in her mind, thinking of someone before it clicked

"What about Layla? She should have an official title by now, right?"

"Oh yes, she was going to be my second option. You don't want it?"