V.

Twenty-Ninth of September, 2020

Quarantine was going unbelievably slow and Amelia was starting to get bored. She was currently at William and Kate's house for the week because she couldn't stay at Buckingham any longer and the children missed her so how on earth could she say no?

"Lia?" Charlotte called out one afternoon when they —— her, Charlotte, and George, were sprawled out in her room drawing, colouring, and painting after she had gotten them out of their homeschool session.

"Yes lovely?" She answered, looking up from her painting

"Can we bake some cookies? Mummy's been really busy these few days and I want to bake."

"Oh me too! I miss your chocolate chip cookies." George exclaimed, now sitting up.

After looking at their excited faces, how could she ever say no? So they ran downstairs and went into the kitchen where Amelia had nicely asked the kitchen staff to leave after placing all the ingredients they needed.

She placed both George and Charlotte on the countertop of the large island and got to work.

A lot of flour that was supposed to be in the batter had made its way to their hair and clothes but the sound of laughter from the two munchkins made it worthwhile.

In the middle of their little flour fight, a FaceTime call came in distracting Amelia just as George had landed a handful of flour onto her face.

"Oh come on, I was distracted!" She laughed tickling the boy before answering her phone not looking to see who it was

"Oh wow, who are you and what have you done to the Princess?" A gasp left her lips before she placed her phone on the table next to the kitchen window and dusted herself off

"Oh Lewis, I did not even realise it was you. My apologies."

"Oh it's nothing, I take it you're having fun?" He asked with a playful tone making her roll her eyes and smile before glancing at her niece and nephew who spun around to act like they weren't curious about who she was talking to.

"Yeah, these two little munchkins planned an attack on me and I had to deal with the consequences but I think it is a bit unfair seeing as it was two versus one."

"Hey, We didn't do that!" George argued making her laugh

"Wanna come say hi? If that is okay with you Lewis?"

"Oh it's perfectly fine, let me at them." She gestured for them to walk over and when they were in sight, they looked just as dusty as their aunt.

"Why hello, it's nice to meet you."

"Oh I know who you are, you're Lewis Hamilton! Amelia why didn't you tell me you knew Lewis?" George asked frowning

"Oh Georgie I did not know you knew him, I would have introduced you a long time ago but Charlotte, this is my friend Lewis. Lewis, this is my niece Charlotte." The girl waved shyly before burying her face into Amelia's side making Lewis smile

"So, what are you guys doing?"

"Aunt Lia is making her special chocolate chip cookies for us but we got into a flour fight," Charlotte replied excitedly starting up a conversation with the Formula One driver

The four of them talked for a while before Amelia excused herself to go check up on the cookies. From across the kitchen, she could hear their lovely conversation and how they were trying to get him to watch some cartoon they had put her on a few days ago and they were succeeding which made her smile.