3. Visiting an Old Friend

Song: Let It Go by Vitamin String Quartet (no, not the disney song)

- NANCY GRIFFITHS -

Many believe grieving is something that should only last for a few months, something that will spontaneously fade one day, but I think it is one of those things in life you can not give a specific duration. The pain of losing someone you love might hide over time, become more bearable, but it will never fade.

I had a simple live as a young girl. At the age of thirteen, I began joining my mother as a maid at the Danbury household. I was mostly in the kitchen because other than music, I enjoyed baking quite a lot.

My father was a printing clerk in Bloomsbury alongside his good friend, Mr. Harris. Before I started working as a maid, I came to the print shop very often. I loved being surrounded by all of those pamphlets and books concerning different stories and issues. The print shop is also where I met my closest friend.

Life was not perfect. I did not have the wealth that I possess now, but I was surrounded with the people I loved most in the world.

I was certainly happier then.

I stand up from replacing the flowers on my parents' grave and take a deep breath.

"How I wish you both were still here." I mutter quietly.

I walk through the busy streets of Bloomsbury; so strange yet familiar. A lifetime ago it almost seems while, truly, it has only been three years.

After Lady Danbury took me in at the age of fifteen, I did not come often anymore. Only to visit my parents' grave nearby and to visit my best friend, but even he was busy with work.

I frown as I see a fancy carriage close to the print shop. What would a carriage like that do in a place like this?

My eyes suddenly catch a young girl in blue
standing quite nervously in front of the shop where my father used to work.

Wasn't she at the Danbury ball?

"Can I help you, miss?" I ask as I approach her. She startles at my presence and seems to have not seen me walk up to her.

The girl had brown hair up to her shoulders with a noticeable fringe and very blue eyes. A resemblance to a certain gentleman I met last night.

"Miss Griffiths?" The strange girl says surprised.

So, she does know me, but...

"Do I know you?"

"I-"

"Eloise?" An all too familiar voice calls.

Eloise... Eloise...

If I do recall correctly, that Colin mentioned an Eloise as well last night to Benedict. Perhaps it is their sister.