I Get My Death Blade Confiscated by a Horse

I really hate nightmares. And I've had quite a few of them. They're basically the only things I see when I'm asleep. But usually, they're pretty manageable. You know the normal ones like being naked in school, falling off a building, being chased in the dark by something you can't quite see. I can handle those. But it's the ones that aren't fictional that are the hardest for me. When your mind dredges up an unwelcome memory and plays it back to you in excruciating detail. Forcing you to replay every horrible second every terrifying moment just to make sure it's as excruciating as when it actually happened to you. But that's not even the worst part. Because unlike a normal nightmare when you wake up it forces you to remember it. Sticks and clings to you like a parasite. A constant reminder of what you did. So yeah, I really hate nightmares.

Slowly I felt my eyes open as feeling returned to my body. Beginning to look around as I arose from my sleep. I was lying down on a wooden bench with a pillow placed under my head and a blanket gently placed over me. I glanced around and saw that I was on some sort of porch overlooking a green meadow with grassy hills in the distance. The area looked so peaceful so calm. Like you could spend hours lying on the grass without a care in the world. I sighed as I tried to push myself up a bit. Moving the blanket off of me as I got into a sitting position on the bench. Glancing up as I heard someone speak.

"It wasn't your fault."

"Yes, it was. I was supposed to protect you."

I looked over to the other side of the porch. Where I saw one of the kids from the bull fight standing in front of a table. He was averagely tall and a bit on the scrawny side. As well he was wearing a bright orange t-shirt with the words CAMP HALF-BLOOD written on the front. So, I had made it after all.

"No. But that's my job. I'm a keeper. At least . . . I was."

I looked past him as he finished speaking. And I quickly saw the bull rider from earlier sitting in a deck chair. I hadn't gotten a good look at him before, but I could clearly see him now. From where he sat it was hard to tell but he seemed to be slightly taller than the other kid. With messy jet-black hair and an almost Mediterranean complexion. But out of everything what struck me the most was his stark green sea foam eyes. Like the tidal waves of an ocean. He was about to reply to the other kid, when he noticed me. Our eyes locking for a moment before I turned my head down. I always hated eye contact it always made me feel weird and uncomfortable. But still I tried to form a response. Holding up my hand timidly waving as the two of them looked at me.

"Uh hi. I'm Y/n."

Percy POV

As I was about to respond to Grover when I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. Turning my gaze as I saw the boy from earlier sitting on a bench on the other side of the porch. Somehow, I had failed to see him lying there on the bench. He had a blanket pushed to the side as he sat on the edge of the seat. And he looked considerably better than when I saw him last.  The wounds from earlier completely gone though his clothes still looked pretty banged up. He quickly saw me looking at him and we locked eyes for a moment. Before he quickly turned away awkwardly. Looking a bit uncomfortable as he spoke.

"Uh hi. I'm Y/n."

Hearing his slight discomfort, I responded quickly to reassure him.

"Percy" I said in reply.

Grover turned to him as well speaking up as I finished.

"Oh, good you're awake. Mr. D and Chiron wanted to speak with you to. Speaking of which we probably shouldn't keep them waiting."

I looked back up at Grover as he took a step off the porch.

"Come on." 

Me and Y/n both looked at each other before getting up out of our seat. The both of us wobbling a bit as we tried to stand. But we managed and followed Grover around the side of the barn. Me and Y/n walking side by side as we moved along. Myself gripping the bull horn tightly in my hand as Y/n stared off absent mindedly at the rolling hills and strawberry fields. He still looked a bit uncomfortable, so I tried to engage him. My mother's death was still fresh in my mind, so I tried to distract myself with some conversation. Nudging him on the shoulder lightly as I spoke.