I'm Put in A Coma

Percy's POV

I stood there stunned as I gripped my sword. I tried to slash it, stab it, anything. But nothing worked. And I could do nothing as I watched my friend get thrown out the gaping hole in the Arch. I tried to rush forward and grab his quickly retreating form. But he was already too far gone. Plummeting out of my reach as he fell to the ground below. I fell to my knees as I turned my head. Refusing to look at the sight below. At the image that assuredly lied upon the earth.

A laugh filled the room from behind me as Echidna spoke. "One down one to go."

My body trembled as I convulsed. But I was not moving with feelings of dread and distraught. Instead, I was filed with anger. Anger for my friend.

The Chimera roared in triumph as it lunged at me. I dodge under it as I stood back up. Blade in hand as I yelled out in rage.

"I'll kill you! I'll turn you to dust! I'll make sure your sent back to the depths of Tartarus for a hundred years!" 

Echidna gnashed her teeth as the Chimere turned preparing another charge.

"Do not worry Perseus Jackson. You will be joining him soon enough." 

I gripped my sword as I stared down 800 pounds of sheer monstrosity. Poisonous tail whipping about claws glistening menacingly in the light. It growled aggressively at me. A sound that would put any sane person retreating in fear. But in that moment, I didn't care what it was. It had killed my friend and I would return the favor. 

I raised my sword as I let out a deep breath. The Chimera crouching down and suddenly springing forward. Charging at me like a furry one cart locomotive. Its speed was intimidating to say the least but this time I was ready. I side stepped as the monster rushed past me. Swiping my blade along its side as it flew by. A long thin line of red appearing across its hide. It hadn't gone deep enough to do any real damage but frankly I didn't care. Even that small victory invigorated me to continue the fight. 

The Chimera came to a stop. Turning back towards me as it prepared a second charge. I raised my blade in response. Fully prepared for the ensuing dash. But this time as it crouched its legs and sprung up into the air. Its back grazing the top of the ceiling as it came down on me. I glanced left and right to dodge. But its dragon like wings were there to meet me. Spread out and prepared to ensnare me on either side.

With no other choice I did something stupid. I rushed forward. Sliding under its belly as its claws came down on me. I ducked as low as my body allowed continuing to move forward. Its paws barely missing my head as I came out on its back side. Bolting up as I raised my sword. Ready to score another hit on this murderous monster.

But as I held my blade my weapon seemed to tremble in my hands. A fiery withering pain creeping up my leg as I struggled to hold my weapon. And I looked down to see the head of its long serpent tail with its fangs burrowed deep in my calf. 

My whole leg was on fire. I tried to jab Riptide into the Chimera's mouth, but the serpent tail wrapped around my ankle and pulled me off balance, and my blade flew out of my hand, spinning out of the hole in the Arch where my friend had just been thrown.

I managed to get to my feet, but I knew I had lost. I was weaponless. I could feel deadly poison racing up to my chest. I remembered Chiron saying that Anaklusmos would always return to me, but there was no pen in my pocket. Maybe it had fallen too far away. Maybe it only returned when it was in pen form. I didn't know, and I wasn't going to live long enough to figure it out.

The irrational part of me told me to keep fighting. Barehanded if I had to. That rageful fire within me still blazing with heat. Telling me to avenge me friend. But the rational part of me knew it was hopeless. And if Y/n was still here he wouldn't want me to throw away my life because of him.