I Find Some Resolution

Y/n's POV

We were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, so of course everybody treated us as if we'd won the Olympics. According to camp custom, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where we got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for us in our absence.

Annabeth's shroud was so beautiful-gray silk with embroidered owls-Percy told her it seemed a shame not to bury her in it, she punched him, and I laughed.

Percy being the son of Poseidon, and no one knowing what I was, neither of us had cabin mates. So instead the Ares kids volunteered to make our shrouds. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed out eyes around the border, and painted word LOSER on Percy's and PUNK on mine, right on the center.

Definitely entertaining to watch go up in flames.

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, Percy was surrounded by the Hermes cabin, Annabeth with her siblings from Athena's cabin, and Grover with his satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand-new searcher's license. Some may have told me that it was sad that no one piled around me. But I didn't feel that way, I just felt content. I didn't need a crowd to feel that. I was happy how it was. My friends surrounded by their people, celebrating our victory. While I got to enjoy quietly from the sidelines.

And even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen my spirits. "Yes, yes, so the little brats didn't get themselves killed and now they'll have even bigger heads. Well huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday . . ."

Dionysus continued to buzz on for a moment, until Chiron walked up the steps. When me, Annabeth, and Grover had told him everything that had happened on our quest, he was the first to know about my mom. I had expected him to be shocked, but he merely smiled lightly, as if he knew something more. Regardless he had said that he would make an announcement about it later when everyone had gathered. And I had been dreading it all day, right up till now.

Dionysus and Chiron exchanged a few words, the wine god scoffing slightly before taking a step down from the stage center. The centaur moving up to replace him.

"All right, everyone. I am sure all of you are elated, that our heroes have returned in triumph." There was a resounding applause, "But there is one among us, who has shown their bravery, and heroism in this quest." He pointed out to the crowd, while I silently prayed that he didn't single me out. "Percy Jackson! Son of The Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses, The Sea God, Poseidon!" he called out. Everyone clapped and yelled out in response, people patted him on the back, and further congratulated him. While I breathed a sigh of relief, clapping and smiling, as I relaxed again. And then as the applause began to die down, he kept speaking.

"But there is yet another, who is proven themselves. Proven, their bravery, there loyalty, and there courage." I closed my eyes as I receded farther into the shadows of the wall behind me. But I didn't have to look to know that Chiron was now pointing towards me. "Y/n L/n! Son of the World Mother, The Ground Shaker, The Ruler of Nature, The Primordial of the Earth, Gaia!"

For a moment everyone was quiet, an air of apprehension permeating through the area. Everyones judging eyes on me. I felt like crawling in a hole and dying. But after a moment or two, something unexpected happen. People started clapping. Applauding even, and after that there were yells, of elation. People walking up to me and congratulating me, and supporting me. I was astounded, I could hardly fathom it happening. In all of my years, I had never wanted to be the center of attention. I didn't think I'd enjoy it or even find myself wanting it. But now I had to admit, it felt nice.