Chapter 5

Leo

We arrive at the platform, and I allow both of my fathers to fuss over me. I knew they both worried, so I didn't mind. I glance over and see Uncle Sirius fussing over Harriet.

"Now I expect both of you to write often. The board will be there when you arrive." Grandfather says. We agree and with final hugs I pull Harriet on the train.

"For a moment I thought Uncle Sirius was going to make you go home with him." I laugh.

"Like uncle Reg is much better." She smirks. We find an empty compartment and take our seats, our trunks safely in our pockets. As we take off Harriet leans against me and closes her eyes. I wrap my arm around her and allow her to lay her head in my lap. Pulling out a book, I decide to read as she sleeps.

Halfway through the ride the door slams open causing Harriet to jump up.

"Have you seen a toad?" The girl asks in a demanding tone.

"Have you seen your manners? That was extremely rude." Harriet glares. The girl rolls her eyes.

"A boy named Neville lost his toad."

"Well then Neville should go to the prefects. They can summon the toad. Of course, with your attitude they are likely to not help at all." I say and wave my hand to shoo her away. She stares at us for a moment before huffing and leaving.

"I am going to hurt someone if everyone is as rude as her." I say shaking my head.

"I will help." Harriet smirks and I laugh.

We arrive at the castle and take the boat with two other people who while polite don't seem up to talking. When we stop at the great hall doors, I spot Draco glaring at Harriet.

"Mind your place Malfoy." I growl catching the attention of the other kids.

"What are you going to do about it, Black?" Draco sneers.

"Unlike you I don't need my father to solve my problems. You don't want to make an enemy of the house of Black." I say and Harriet stands beside me.

"Did your father ever heal from me setting him on fire. Truly I have never heard a lord squeal like a little girl." She smirks. Draco goes to say something, and I hold up my hand.

"Remember we are your head family." I remind him. His mother was a Black and we had more power than the Malfoys. Draco continues to sneer but says nothing. The door opens and Professor McGonagall steps out looking between us but says nothing.

We are led inside, and I spot my grandfather standing at the podium.

"While not normal the board of governors has discovered a heinous crime. All students will be purged before we sort the first years. After that we will be resorting the whole school." At the outraged murmurs my grandfather holds up his hand. "It was brought to our attention that some students might have been forced into a house they were not meant for. This is nonnegotiable."

Healers come into the room and stand four to a table with two standing with us. The doors open again, and my eyes widen when I see my great grandfather come in with others from Wizengamot along with aurors.

"We are here for the investigation into Hogwarts. Do not fear, the school will not be closed." He tells the room. The healers have the students line up by age as they administer the potions. When I get mine, I shudder at the taste but after a few moments of no signs I am ushered off to the side and an elf hands me a glass of water. Harriet goes after me, and we stand there watching as the school undergoes the purging. I count 20 kids who begin to shake as the purging potion removes whatever is in their system. A small girl steps to the healer but doesn't take the potion. I see Harriet watching her closely.