Chapter 15

Sirius

I feel torn when Harriet leaves the room. Part of me wanted to keep her away from him, but this was Leo. The boy who would follow her to the end of the world.

"That was not my son! I don't care what he did, or who his father is. Leo is a good boy who is trying his hardest to protect this world." Regulus says fiercely.

"I agree, he is clearly trying, and honestly I don't see Harriet separating from him." Grandfather says.

"We were given an opportunity to help both of them. It isn't for us to decide." Barty says and I sigh.

"I guarantee he feels like we are all going to abandon him. I can only imagine what is going through his mind." I tell them.

"That also explains why the trials hit him so hard. He had been there." Father points out.

"I need to go check on him." Regulus says standing. We all nod as he leaves the room.

"How are you doing?" Father asks me.

"I just keep reminding myself they are both safe. While it is a lot to process, I know who they are now, and I have to believe Leo has changed." I say honestly. The thought of my little girl going through even half of that has me on edge. I want to lock down the house and keep her here where I knew nothing could happen to her. Regulus comes back into the room with a small smirk on his face.

"They are curled up in Leo's room asleep."

"You know now I really need to worry. She was already about eighteen in her past life." I groan.

"Technically she is mentally over 30." Barty laughs.

"Shut up." I growl.

"It does bring up the fact they are closer than we knew. They are the only ones who truly understand the other." Grandfather says smirking.

"At this point I will take 16." I sigh.

"I do wonder if they are soul mates. With the gods' interference it is possible. It would also give Leo an anchor here." Father says.

"Still too young to tell. They might be adults mentally, but they are both still kids." I point out.

"You know it just hit me that Harriet went through Hogwarts before. No wonder her grades are so well. She already knows it." Barty says shaking his head.

"Did everyone forget he is returning next year. I have half a mind to keep them both home." Regulus says.

"Harriet says he will return regardless." Grandfather points out.

"The question is are you willing to try to mess with fate?" Father asks and I groan.

"It wouldn't matter, if it is already set than it will happen one way or another."

"We wait until they wake and see what they think." Father suggests, and I nod in agreement. It was ultimately them who would be in this war.

Harriet

I wake still wrapped in Leo's arms. His eyes flutter open, and I smile.

"How did you sleep?"

"Truthfully, I always sleep better when you are in my arms." He says holding my gaze.

"I like being in your arms, but our fathers will kill us if we make this a regular habit." I laugh.

"You're right but doesn't mean I can't enjoy it while it lasts."

"Come on, I guarantee they still have a hundred questions." I say trying to sit up, but he tightens his hold.

"A few more minutes before the reality of what I shared comes crashing down."