Chapter 17

Leo

The lesson over the unforgivables has me on edge. My body craving the power I once felt controlling such devastating curses. When Neville begins to panic, I jump up and glare. The imposter raises a brow at me but moves on with the lesson. After class Harriet pulls Neville off alone to speak with him.

"Mr. Black please stay behind." I want to ignore him, but I couldn't go causing waves.

"Yes professor?" I ask keeping a tight hold on my anger.

"Interesting display of anger. I would think the Black tempter if you were not adopted." Fuck, this was the last thing I needed.

"I was Blood adopted. I have Black magic and blood running through me." I say simply.

"Do you know who your parents were?"

"No, and honestly, I could careless. I have parents and even if I knew my biological parents were alive, I would want nothing to do with them. I am just fine with my fathers." I say much colder than before.

"You are dismissed Mr. Black." I don't wait around as I walk out of the room. I knew I would be watched closely, and I couldn't risk it. I was a Black, I refused to claim anything else.

A week goes by, and I made sure to tell Harriet about what the defense teacher said. I couldn't risk writing it in a letter. Owls could be intercepted. We sit in the great hall as the champions are announced. Just like Harriet says, Fleur Delacour, Victor Krum, and Cedric Diggory are announced. I sit back and wait, when the goblet flares again and Harriet's name is called, I clench my fists.

"I Harriet Potter swear to Mother Magic I did not enter my name or have anyone enter my name in the Triwizard Tournament, so mote it be." Harriet says standing. Magic flares in the room and fades, leaving her perfectly fine. She raises a brow at Dumbledore who looks shocked before walking to where the other champions are. A vow like that would have left her punished if she had been lying. I hadn't thought about it, but it proved to the school and ministry she didn't do this.

Harriet

Cedric looks at me shocked when I walk in. I mouth I will explain later, and he nods. The headmasters and ministry walk into the room.

"Harriet did you enter your name?" Dumbledore demands.

"Now Dumbledore, the girl made a vow to Mother Magic herself. We all know she wouldn't be standing if she was lying." The minister says.

"Right, either way this is a magical contract, and she has to compete." Dumbledore says.

"Minister, I request my legal guardian present. I am underage and I was unaware my guardian signed such a contract. I will do it if I have to, but I want the culprit found." I say and his eyes widen before he nods.

"Now there is no need for such a thing." Dumbledore tries to say.

"No, she is right. She is fourteen going up against of age students." Cedric defends.

"Exactly." Fleur says glaring. "There is no honor in fighting someone who does not have our experience."

"I will get ahold of Mr. Black." The minister says and tells his understudy to call him.

"It was you who made the age line. Are you trying to give your school an advantage?" Kristoff asks glaring.

"Ms. Potter is far from an advantage." Snape sneers.

"We all hear how she is a prodigy." Fleur points out to which Victor and Cedric nod. Dumbledore attempts to get control of the room. I just smile as Sirius, Orion, and Lord Black walk in. Most in the room freeze at the dangerous energy pouring off them.