Epilogue

Harriet

The weeks following the battle feel never ending. We are at the ministry from sunup to sundown attempting to fix everything. More had been found still held in dungeons when houses were raided. Mind healers had been brought in from other countries because we just didn't have enough to treat everyone. Leo had opened up about some of what he went through during his time with Voldemort and while I hated he had to go through that, I would never judge him for doing what he had to. I still had nightmares of both wars but between my family and a magically bound mind healer I am learning I wasn't responsible for saving everyone.

Rigel is now with a mentor for his gift and Luna very much enjoyed having another seer around. Jasper didn't get far from her; still upset she had run off during the battle. Leo wasn't much better, but I didn't mind. I liked knowing where he was.

Barty begins working at the orphanage while Sirius works to get his masters in defense so he can become a professor. Remus has started a program to help children affected with lycanthropy and it has only built traction. Now he has adults who not only are willing to take in children who had it but were werewolves themselves. Regulus is still working to take over as lord Black one day.

I have been offered a junior minister position but turn it down. There was no point to just change Britain. I have plans to bring the wizarding world together and looked forward to the challenge.

Orion

I sit back in my chair as I look at my family as we celebrate Rigel's 11th birthday. It is days like this I miss my father the most. He should be here to see how we were now not only powerful but a true family. Our alliances have become just like family, and it makes me proud to be a Black. My family is still working on implementing changes our community so desperately needs. Leo and Harriet had been married six months after the battle and moved on to building relationships with other countries. While it required them to travel, they always made time for the family.

Sirius

I smile down at our newest addition. A little girl had been born and unfortunately her mother hadn't survived. It had become apparent shortly after birth she was a werewolf, and I couldn't say no when Remus had called saying he was bringing home a child. Rigel is now 13 and acts just like we did while in Hogwarts. I swear if McGonagall didn't love us so much, she would have quit by now. The twins were growing like weeds and while Scorpio was reserved, preferring to watch a room, Adhara was very much a jump first kind of kid. Regulus still blames me for that, but I don't mind.

Remus comes over and wraps his arms around me as he looks over my shoulder.

"Ready to deal with another girl?"

"Shut up." I groan, this one will be making it to 30 before she is allowed a boyfriend.

Harriet

I hold my son close to me as I walk around the party. Leo like always, not far behind. It has been 9 years since the war and our son was now two months old. We named him Arcturus Leo Black. We are celebrating the twins turning 11. Leo and I now sat on the international magical protection board. It had taken work to have it set up, but we had done it. All sentient creatures had a representative on the board. Now schools all over allowed not only werewolves but different creatures. Muggleborns were taken the day they were born and replaced with a muggle child in an orphanage. While we still taught about muggles, there was now complete separation and better wards to keep communities hidden.

"Give me my grandcub." Sirius says coming over.

"You know grandcub only works for Remus right." I say laughing.

"Hey leave me alone. I can call him my cub if I want to." He says taking him from me. I just shake my head and take the opportunity to catch up with some of the people here. I spot Luna and Jasper standing with their newborn daughter, their three-year-old son running circles around them.

"How are you?" I ask walking over to them.

"Good, enjoying my last month of break before Hogwarts starts again." Luna says smiling. She had become the divination teacher and I couldn't think of anyone better.

"Uncle Rod is around here somewhere with his new wife. She is truly a sweetheart, and they are talking about adopting. My parents are probably with them trying to wrangle my brother. He has learned to con people out of sweets." Jasper says chuckling.

"Did you hear the Weasley twins opened their tenth shop. They have truly grown." Leo tells them and I smile. The twins had not only taken the Prewett seats but also opened their joke shop. They had taken off and was now the largest joke shop in the world.

"I heard; I also hear you two are thinking of finally settling down." Luna smiles.

"No fair, you have a direct line to Fate so there is no surprising you. Yes, I am finally getting my masters in elemental magic and Leo is going to be preparing to take over. With Regulus taking the head of house position soon we figure it is time. Also, with Arcturus we want to be closer to family." I explain. Orion while still in good health, planned to pass on the title to enjoy his retirement.

"About time, it will be good to have you closer." Jasper tells us.

"Well, we will still need to travel but not near as much as we have in the last few years. We eventually want a large family, and it is hard enough to travel with Arcturus." Leo tells him.

That night after laying Arcturus down I climb into bed and lay my head on Leo's chest. No matter how long we are together this will always be my favorite place to be.

"Are you ready for this?" He asks running his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, it is time we settle down. We did what the gods sent us back for and now I want more time to enjoy the future we worked so hard to build." I tell him.

"I look back on our life and would go through it a hundred times over to end up in this exact place." He says and I lean up kissing him.

"I think we have done enough." I tell him smiling.

"Yeah, we have, but I still wouldn't change a thing." He smirks.

"I wouldn't either. I couldn't imagine not having the life I do. Even if I could go back and never have to deal with him, I wouldn't. We now have a world to be proud of and the best family in the world." I say giving him another kiss.

"I guess we can thank the gods for giving us another chance."