lean on | soyeon x minnie

soft somin
plationic
barely any dialogue
thanks for 5k reads ( :

soyeon isn't a complicated person. she enjoys the small things in life.

she likes the sounds of rain pattering on top of her warm hood. she likes coming to the roof (not minding getting wet) to enjoy the view of rain pouring on the city. she likes looking up to the sky and letting the water soak into her skin.

even if the sky has a melancholy look to it, she finds peace in it. it calms her down on bad days. it looks sort of like an art piece to her, just alive instead of still.

however, the rain that's pouring down is making her feel more anxious. she's been so tired lately. she's not getting a wink of sleep, and is frequently missing meals now due to the stress on top of her shoulders. it feels like she's been weighed down and can't come back up.

she knows she shouldn't be stressed over the comebacks they have soon (since every member has agreed that the song is awesome and she doesn't need to change it), but she can't help not worrying about it. secretly cube has been rejecting her songs, and she doesn't have the heart to tell the girls. she'd rather keep it to herself and keep trying to make it better to the company's liking.

she talks to every composer in the company, asking to point out the flaws in her music so she could improve. they all say the same thing, they all give her a pat on the back, and tell her it's good enough already. she doesn't believe them, if it was good enough, she wouldn't have to fight with the company.

she's been so caught up in her work that she hasn't been able to rest at home for a week, she's only able to stop by and wash up before heading back to her studio again. she hasn't been able to sleep in her soft comforting bed, she hasn't been able to eat a home cooked meal, and she hasn't been able to see her members. so badly she wants to go and be comforted by one of them. she's been longing for the warmth and love of her members.

a loud roar of thunder snaps her out of her daze.

the quicker she can revise these few last songs, the quicker she can finally go home.

another clash of thunder scares her and the lights slowly flicker. she hears how loudly the rain thuds onto the roof of the company's building. it's a bad storm and she's not liking it one bit.

she tries to go back to writing, but the thunder outside keeps clapping loudly.

she covers her ears to drown out the noise. she doesn't do we'll with loud sounds, especially in a vulnerable state of mind. she let out a shaky sigh and tried calmly breathing in and out. the more she tries to focus on her breath, the more she gets more panicked.  she's too focused on too many different things, it's not helping her out.

she decides to stagger out and try to find a member left in the company. her feet leads her to minnie's studio. the light shyly shines through the bottom of her door. she quickly knocks on the door in hopes the older girl is actually in there. the door opens a beat after and soyeon launches onto minnie, holding whatever fabric she can reach to keep herself grounded. minnie let's out a small grunt, but quickly sees how soyeon is shaking in her chest.

slowly she leads both of them inside and sits them both down on the floor, minnie's back leaning on the door and soyeon in between her knees stuffing her face into minnie's neck. the older girl weaves her hands through her hair.

soyeon takes in a deep breath taking in the comforting scent of minnie. slowly she stops hearing the clapping from the thunder and focuses on minnie's breath. she matches how minnie is slowly breathing in and out.

finally she looks up and is met with minnie's eyes of concern. minnie sees how fragile soyeon is right now. she sees the unshedded tears the leader has in her eyes, she sees how stressed and anxious her poor leader is.

after giving soyeon another moment to calm down, she lifts them both up to sit on the couch together. soyeon kept a tight hold on minnie, like she was scared the older girl would just leave.

minnie hugged her tighter, the pressure kept soyeon grounded. it kept from soyeon completely tipping over the edge and losing it. she decided to just focus on minnie's heart beat. the beating of the older girl's heart drowned out the noise of the thunder even more. it was like a peaceful melodic beat.

they both laid there in a comfortable silence for a while, until soyeon decided to finally speak up.

"thanks—" she managed to breath out. she was searching for the right words to say. "—for opening your door for me." minnie gave her the warmest smile she's ever seen, like a sunshine on a rainy day.

"i'm always here for you if you need someone to lean on."

a/n
also i have a curious cat if you wanna say anything to me! curiouscat.live/yuqirrin