Spark on a Powder Keg

While Ochako waited for the next fight, she was headed off by Todoroki. Why he wanted to speak with them, they didn't know. His heterochromic gaze seemed to pierce through them, as if looking for Midoriya specifically. But... they wouldn't know his motive until he spoke. And when he did, there was little time before he stated his goal: "You are clearly hiding something."

Ochako, nervous, asked, "W-what?"

They had been in UA for two months at this point. It was clear that there were things that the more... observant noticed. Todoroki, apparently, was one of those individuals. "Aizawa defending someone? That's as rare as it is to rain cats. There is something strange about you. Last match confirmed it." He narrowed his eyes and brought his face closer to hers. It was a move designed for intimidation, hopefully to get answers. "And I will find out what it is you are hiding."

He went away as his fight was about to start. He was to go against Bakugo next, but ended up failing due to his ice being a liability. While it did slow down the boy's sweat at the start, it was  Not only did it not effect Bakugo due to the open air being warmer than the ice's chilly aura, but it also made Todoroki himself sluggish due to the backlash his quirk gave. It was almost pitiful... but, It was now time for the final fight.

The two finalists stood apart, watching each other carefully. "IN THE ONE CORNER WE HAVE THE BOMBASTIC DESTROYER, THE ONE AND ONLY KATSUKI BAKUGO! IN THE OTHER, THE RISING STAR, SURPRISING EVERYONE, OCHAKO URARAKA!"

His grin was absolutely demented. "You ready to scream?"

"You only wish." Ochako was determined to win, and Izuku was more than willing to help. Even with his own reservations.

"I hoped you'd say that."

"ARE BOTH COMPETITORS READY?!"

Ochako nodded, while Bakugo didn't say anything.

"THE FIGHT WILL BEGIN IN 3... 2... 1..."

The word now was covered up by Bakugo, who detonated the sweat on his hands to launch himself toward the enemy. However, the two of them were ready for this, and ducked down. Izuku agreed to let Ochako do as much as she could, and follow her plan... which meant no regeneration until absolutely necessary.

Aizawa wanted the blond boy gone. Bakugo Katsuki was obviously a threat to everyone around him. While his class appeared to be on his side at the moment, it was only that: for the moment. And because he had decided to target Ochako, his current opponent. Aizawa had seen this kind of thug before. Not only that, but he had been involved in the death of another student. Unfortunately, ghosts don't count as reliable witnesses. If he was able to expel students, to cull out risks and liabilities, then he would have been out after the last stunt... but the UA board had complained. Nezu had to revoke his expulsion power to appease them. Then the board forces this facade of a Sports Festival.

Of course, those who work their hardest will rise. Bakugo was nothing if not hard working.

It's a shame that the two souls in one girl were exactly the same in that regard.

This fight should not be happening.

But... if Bakugo makes a fool of himself on TV... it might give Aizawa the ammunition to actually expel him. It was becoming ever more clear that his presence was disrupting the other's ability to do well. Kirishima had gotten it into his head that the blond was a role model. Many of the more demure students were now even more skittish. This couldn't last.

This sports festival was a silent test. If he can show that he can be better... than he might have potential. As he was now...? No. He didn't.