PROLOGUE

"DO YOU HAVE YOUR SCHEDULE YET?"

Rose stretched her neck from her spot on the ground in the Alfea compound. The first day of her second year, and she was already planning the murder of three different people who almost stepped on her. 

She looked up at her friend, Bella, "Yeah, I think so. Haven't had a chance to go through it yet, so I don't know which classes I have."

"They gave it to us last week," Bella's voice came back, amused.

Rose glared at her best friend, squinting to keep the sun out of her eyes. Bella merely grinned, searching the crowd once again.

Rose groaned lightly, plucking the grass around her.

"Stop it," Bella slapped the back of her head lightly, now standing on her tiptoes to see over the crowds. "The earth fairies are giving you a dirty look."

"They're always giving me a dirty look," Rose shrugged, pulling a big clump of grass out on purpose. She looked up at her friend. "Are we searching for the boyfriend, or the first year you're 'guiding'?"

"Either. I just wanna start already. We better have a good suite."

"Yeah, I don't know if I wanna deal with other fairies," Rose made a face. "Or specialists. Or anyone for that matter."

"Besides me, obviously," Bella cut in.

"Of course," Rose snorted. "The one exception."

"Will you look for your first year already?" Bella yanked her friend off the ground. "There's probably some poor child waiting for you to show them around, and you're sitting here like a useless potato. What's your first year's name, anyways?"

"Um... some Musa or something like that," Rose checked the name on her schedule. "Yup, Musa. And honestly, who cares, Belle? The kids can find their own way around. It's not that big of a deal. Most of them were already here, at the orientation. They shouldn't be forcing us second years to do this."

"I'm gonna be guiding someone named Aisha," Bella ignored the end of Rose's ramble. "It says she's a water fairy. That's pretty cool, huh?"

"Belle, you can literally light up a whole room with a minimal amount of magic," Rose sighed. "Honestly, compared to you, lots of fairies are boring."

"Correction! Compared to her, every fairy is boring," a pair of arms wrapped around Bella's waist from behind, lifting her off the ground for a second.

"Nate!" Bella squealed, turning around and jumping into her boyfriend's arms.

"Barf," Rose muttered, hiding a small smile.

"I missed you too, Rosie-posie," Nate booped her nose.

"What have I told you about calling me that?" Rose shocked his finger using her magic.

"Ow," Nate examined his finger. He answered her question with a shrug, "That you'll fry my balls off."

"Correct," Rose smiled without humor. "I wasn't kidding. But since Bella sees something in you, and there's not much to you in the looks section, I'm gonna take a wild guess as to why she's with you and let you keep them. But that's your last warning."

Nate grinned, "So like, how many times do you give final warnings? This is my, what, sixth?"

"Don't provoke her," Bella swatted his shoulder. "Go find your specialist, and give them a tour. I'll stop by your room later, okay?"

"Kay," Nate kissed her forehead, flicked Rose's cheek, and sauntered off to find the specialist he was supposed to give a tour to.

"Is the sex really worth it?" Rose asked warily.