AUs

alright guys, i had lots of different ideas for this book, so i'm just gonna share them with you!

- bella's a spy for the blood witches:
you do not understand how badly i wanted to go with this plot. it would've been like the most epic plot twist, betrayal, and it was just amazing. but i didn't, bcz rose and bella pretty much care for each other more than anyone else. and idk if fate's coming back for s3 (it's not) or if i'm gonna write ahead, but if bella betrayed rose, i don't think rose would be able to commit to a relationship with riven.
but basically, bella would still hate rose's mother for putting her life in danger. she'd team up with sebastian and give him all the inside details that nate and rose would share with her. i think if she had betrayed them, i would've made her die in the final battle. either riven or nate would kill her bcz she was about to kill rose. (most likely nate). and yeah, rose would be crushed.

- nate's a spy for the blood witches:
okay, so this was something i actually toyed around with bcz i kinda liked the idea. but then rose and nate's banter came along so easily so i just scrapped the idea.
but basically nate would be related to a blood witch or something, and he'd be brought up near them (while not actually being one). he'd go into alfea as a spy, and if fate came back for a season 3, i would've had him be kept prisoner. and at one point interact with rose as a prisoner.

- rose dies:
i was kinda tempted to kill rose, like maybe after the final battle's over, and everyone's happy they're safe, she gets shot with an arrow by like a stray blood witch and she dies in riven's arms. epilogue would've been riven in the future

- rose's mom hides in alfea:
i was going to make rose's mom hide in alfea in season 2, like kinda on the run from the solarians (but queen luna doesn't want anyone knowing) and she hides in alfea with rose. this was something i really wanted to do, but i didn't.
rose and her mother would've found some sort of closure, or maybe rose's mother would die by andreas, and then rose would kill andreas instead of sky. this was another idea that never really happened.