OO9.

"ROSE, CAN WE TALK?"

Rose nodded at Silva as she placed her water bottle down, "Sure. What's up?"

The attack was officially over, most of the fairies already back in their rooms. Rose had stayed behind to allow Professor Harvey to make sure everything was back to normal. Bella and Nate were helping clear up as they waited for Rose.

"Before we have this conversation, I was wondering if you could control the air currents so no one can hear it," Silva suggested. "I need to talk to you about your father, Andreas. I need to tell you the truth."

Rose raised a brow, but did as he asked. "You can talk now."

"I need you to know that whatever you know about your father was sugarcoated," Silva began. "It's only because none of us wanted to hurt you or Sky."

Rose listened as Silva told the story of who she thought was a warrior. She listened as he told her how he obeyed orders like the perfect soldier. How he was stronger, better, more ruthless and more bloodthirsty than anyone he knew, except maybe Rosalind. She listened to him about what happened at Aster Dell. She heard things she already knew, things she didn't know, things that she wanted to forget as soon as she heard them.

"I wanted to protect the humans," Silva muttered. "But they were Blood Witches. There was — there was no point in any of it."

Rose stared at him, "So Andreas, my father, he was, he was a monster. And the only reason Sky and I are in Alfea is for you to train his traits out of us? That's why we're here, isn't it?"

"You are here because you passed the entrance exams with flying colors," Silva corrected. "You are here to learn, because you have kept up with the curriculum and because you deserve to be here. Do you understand?"

"Is this something else you're sugarcoating?"

"Be mad at me, Rose," Silva told her. "Be mad at me for killing your father, taking him away from you. Be mad at me for failing to keep you safe you when I swore I would do my best. Be mad at me for choosing favorites between you and Sky when I swore I would treat you as equals. But do not be mad at me for trying to protect you from the truth. I am not sugarcoating why you're here at Alfea. If you don't believe me, we can pull up everyone's marks for the entry exam. For the mid-terms, or final terms."

Rose took a deep breath, allowing herself to settle down. 

She wasn't mad at Silva, not really. She knew he always tried, she could see it. She wasn't sure who she was mad at. Her mother, for not telling her anything. Her father, for being a killing machine.

"Does Sky know?" Rose asked.

"I just told him," Silva nodded. "Right before he came over to see you." Silva cleared his throat, "How are you? I heard you were attacked, but I had to focus on the barricade. Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine. A little sore, but it's nothing big," Rose told him. "I was out for most of it. I think I went into shock and the pain was too much, so I was just passed out. By the time I woke, the burned ones were killed."

Silva patted her head, "Take it easy for a few days. Come back to training in a week, longer if you need it, that's an order. "

Rose shut her mouth, swallowing her argument.

"Coming back from an attack with a burned one isn't easy," Silva told her. "I know that personally. Just a tip, drink some honey lemon tea, and apply a hot water pack to where you were hit every morning. Do it at night too. It helps a lot."

Rose smiled as he got up to leave.

"Saul," Rose called him.

He turned around, "Yeah?"