OO3.

"DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE BURNED ONE?"

Rose looked up from her book to stare at Bella. "What?"

Bella clambered into the bed with Rose, shoving her homework books aside.

"Well, I guess this is more important than The Properties Of Air Magic," Rose muttered, summoning her magic to stop the books and papers from falling to the floor.

"Oh quit being such a nerd," Bella waved her hand. "But apparently, there's a burned one in the area. Some people are saying the girls from the Winx Suite are the ones who encountered it. And Dowling has it locked up."

"Who's in the Winx Suite this year?" Rose asked, not able to put faces to the girls from their last year's suite.

"Musa and Aisha, our first years," Bella began. "And Terra, Stella, and Bloom, I think. The new fire fairy from the human world."

"How'd they even run into a burned one?" Rose pondered. 

"Are you guys talking about the burned one Dowling captured?" Merathy, their suitemate barged her head into their room.

Her dark hair was pulled into two frizzy space buns, small braids framing her face. Her cocoa skin gleamed and she was talking fast, indicating to Rose that she'd accidently broken something and didn't want anyone to know as she put it back together.

"Apparently they're holding it somewhere in the forest," she continued, wiping her forehead with her t-shirt. She plopped down on the floor next to Rose's bed. "I think the burned one was what killed the shepherd Riven found."

"I don't know, Merathy," Bella made a face. "That's a bit of a stretch."

"Wait, Riven?" Rose cut in. "Riven found the dead shepherd? Why didn't I know this?"

"I thought he told you," Merathy shrugged. "You guys are friends, right?"

"Yeah, well, it didn't happen to come up in conversation," Rose rolled her eyes. "Wow, I'm so gonna beat his ass for not telling me."

"Anyways, it's like the only thing the school is talking about," Merathy continued. "I heard from my roommate Kirsten, who heard from her sister Emelia, who heard from her boyfriend Luca, who heard from—"

"The point, Merathy," Rose cut in. "I don't need to hear this chain of narration. Just the point."

"Oh, right, okay," Merathy nodded quickly. "But basically, that new fire fairy went back to the human world or something. And her roommates, minus Stella who was busy banging your brother, went out to go stop her or something. And then Dowling came in and beat the burned one's ass. She went all military killer mode or something. At least that's what I've been told."

Rose pursed her lips, "Most rumors are just that, rumors. It doesn't matter what Bloom was doing, or if their suite even saw a burned one. Honestly, it's probably just all something that was blown way out of proportion."

"I don't know," Bella shrugged. "Nate told me he heard the Winx Suite and Sky talking about something to do with a burned one. Maybe you should ask your brother what's going on?"

Rose looked between Merathy and Bella, "To give you two some gossip. No thanks."

A crash sounded from the suite, followed by a series of curses, and then Kirsten yelling, "Merathy!"

Merathy's face paled, "Shit. I'll see you guys later. Oh fuck."

Rose watched in amusement as Merathy left the room to deal with the aftermath of whatever it was she did.