O13

"IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?"

Rose looked up from her book to see Terra wearing a pair of ridiculous goggles as she checked up on Musa's scraper scars.

"Of course they are," Terra answered. "These scraper scars are so small. Whoever treated you was a master."

Rose's smile faded as she quickly buried her face back into her book. She resented herself for feeling this way. Musa's scars from the attack may not be visible anymore, but she lost her magic. At least Rose still had hers. And maybe the scar tainting her back was worth it.

"You did a great job, Terra," Musa told her friend. "Rose and I were just talking about it."

"You're the best," Rose agreed, turning the page in her book.

"Oh, you two," Terra waved a hand in the air.

The door opened, Riven and Grey entering the room. Rose shot them a peace sign, not looking up from her book.

"Hi boys," Terra waved at them. "What can we do for you?"

"We are out of willow bark at the Bastion," Riven answered.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry," Terra got up. "Flora's hogging all the herbs. She's testing a remedy for Blood Witch mind control."

"I just hate the idea they can take over someone's body," Flora made a face. "Their agency."

"Yes, yes, Blood Witches are the worst," Rose waved a hand. "Now, why don't you all whisper so I can actually focus on my book?"

"What a nerd," Riven laughed.

"Fuck off."

"Ugh, not in front of everyone," Terra made a face at them.

"There's nothing to not," Riven rolled his eyes.

"I guess we'll agree to disagree," Flora wagged her eyebrows suggestively. "Anyways, here's the willow bark. And how are things for you on love island?"

Grey shrugged, "Uh..."

"Not the reaction I was expecting," Flora laughed. "I heard there was an epic kiss."

"And then epic silence," Grey responded. "Apparently, she's got some project."

"Oh, Aisha gets tunnel vision sometimes," Musa answered, picking up her things as she headed for the door. "I'll let her know you're outside the tunnel."

Terra turned to Rose, who bit back a groan. "Now, if you'll excuse us, Rose's got some magic exercises to finish up."

"Um, actually Silva needed to talk to her," Riven cut in.

"About what?" Terra asked.

"Don't know," Riven shrugged. "He wouldn't tell me."

"Okay," Terra nodded, allowing Rose to leave.

Rose followed Riven as Grey went over to hand the willow bark. They reached the Specialist yard where Saul was training the first years.

"Do you have any idea what he wants to talk about?" she asked Riven.

"Probably just another check-in," Riven answered. "Rosalind has been on his ass to get you back to training. Silva's been delaying it since you got back, but I don't know how much longer he can hold her off."

"Eh, I think I can head back now," Rose shrugged. "Would've been worse if I got medical attention later."

"Would've been better if you got it earlier," Riven countered.