OO2.

ROSE WAITED UNTIL WELL AFTER MIDNIGHT.

She wasn't sure whether she was trying to avoid Riven or whether it was something else entirely. She sent a quick text to Bella, letting her know she wouldn't be in the room tonight. Bella wasted no time in sending her a thumbs up, while also reminding her to speak with her brother.

Rose shut her phone off, not responding to her last text.

Bella was an optimist, with the idea that Rose and her half-brother, Sky, could mend their partially awkward relationship and become best friend-slash-siblings, like Bella and her brothers. Rose, on the other hand, wasn't sure if it was possible. 

They shared the same father, but different mothers. While their father and Sky's mother got pregnant at the end of their long relationship, Rose's mother became pregnant with her a few months later, at the the start of her and Andreas' relationship. As a result, Sky was only about six months older than her. Sky's mother died while giving birth to him, and the situation around it all caused Andreas and Evelynne to end their relationship. Andreas took Sky and raised him, Evelynne taking Rose. When Andreas died, everyone expected Evelynne to take Sky in, considering he was her daughter's brother. But she refused, not wanting anything to do with Andreas or his son. Saul Silva took Sky at that point, raising him as his own son. 

Being a highly skilled Specialist, Evelynne often visited Alfea for training or guarding purposes. While she was down here, Rose spent lots of time with Sky and Silva herself. Silva tried to love her as much as he loved Sky, but it was hard, and Rose didn't hold that against him. As for her relationship with Sky, it was easier when they were younger, when being siblings was the same thing as being friends. As they grew older and began to realize how different their lives were, being siblings became harder. They grew into some sort of occasional friend-slash-sibling relationship that didn't make much sense to those around them.

And Rose wasn't sure if she was close enough with Sky to confront him about the whole Stella incident.

She sighed, pushing the door to the roof open. It eased up as she hoisted herself up and onto the roof of Alfea. Rose sat with her legs pulled up to her chest, her forehead on her knees as she allowed the world to slow down for a little while.

The smell of smoke reached her before his voice did, "I told you I'd be up here before midnight."

Rose moved her head to the side to look at the boy. "Smoking kills."

"But it's fun," he smiled. "Wanna try?"

Rose made a face that was more than enough as an answer.

"Alright, alright," he put the cigarette out, throwing it to the side. "Happy?"

"What are you even doing up here?" she asked, pulling her knees closer. "You said you were only going to be here before midnight. It's well past then."

"I'd sleep in my room, but your brother has a nasty addiction to a certain light fairy," Riven muttered, looking out at the view the roof offered.

"He is back with Stella," Rose grumbled. "Wonderful."

"Not sure if they're totally back together, or if it's just a one time thing," Riven shrugged. "But I'd rather not spend the night in that room."

"So you're going to spend it on the roof?" Rose asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," he told her. "Just saw Nate and Bella giggling and being all mushy as they went towards the fairy hall. And I don't think they're going to spend the night in the library."