3 - earthquake

"hows your sister doin'?" bobby asks as i sit down.

"shes good. its her first day shadowing at the call center, so shes nervous." i say. "but i think shes really going to like it."

"i hope so. im not driving that much for her to quit." evan says as he sits next to me.

i give him a blank look and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"anyways, i promised hen that id help restock the ambulance." i slap my thighs as i stand.

hen and i step down to the ambulance and begin restocking it.

"so, i saw you and hunk when the ambulance blew up the other day." she wiggles her brows.

"when he grabbed me after i fell into him?" i clarify and she nods. "i guess it was cute. he was like rock hard. it felt like being against a warm wall if that makes sense."

"ooh," she wiggles her brows again and i roll my eyes.

i go to step out of the ambulance right as the ground starts shaking.

people start yelling just as i fall on the side of my ankle and onto the floor. i grunt and hen jumps down, helping me up. the adrenaline numbs the pain as we try to find everyone.

"evan!" i call out to my brother as hen helps eddie up from the ground. "bobby!"

chim comes up behind us and begins yelling as well.

glass shatters behind me and oxygen tanks explode. everyone screams in panic. 

"evan!" i shout one more time, all of us huddling into the corner until the earthquake stops. 

-

"it looks like you just have a deep sprain. youll need to stay off your feet the most you can." chim says and i groan.

"seriously? so does that mean i cant go to the scenes?" he nods and i groan again. "today of all days."

"okay, so you can stay here and handle all of the work here while we go out there. if we need you, we'll call." bobby says and i nod.

"can i talk to you for a sec?" eddie says, his eyes wide with worry.

"yeah, whats up?" i ask, limping to the side.

"can you see if my son is okay?"

oh. shit.

"of course. write down all the information i need to know." he nods and pulls me into a hug.

"thank you, ann. i appreciate it." he whispers.

"of course. go, save some people." i push him away and he jogs to the truck.

-

i somehow managed to get christopher out of school. i dont know how, but i did it.

hes been chilling by my side all day, drawing on a piece of blank paper and humming to himself.

"on our way back now." bobby says through the walkie.

"got it. tell eddie i have a surprise for him."

christopher giggles beside me, ready to see his father.

it only takes twenty minutes for everyone to get back. i stand at the bottom of the steps and christopher stands behind me, so that hes hidden and can do a grand entrance as he says.

"whats my surprise, ann?" eddie bounces out of the truck with a giddy smile.

"oh i dont know," i gasp jokingly.

"its me, silly!" christopher says, jumping out from behind me.

eddie gasps and lets out a loud laugh, running up and picking his son up, spinning around. christopher's joyous giggles echo throughout the station, causing everyone to smile.

"thank you, ann. thanks." eddie says.

-

"okay, would you back off?" eddie scoffs, pushing a guy back.

i laugh at his annoyed expression.

were currently at a frat party, trying to get a woman's head put of a tailpipe. frat party equals horny guys, and eddie and evan do not like that they are staring at my ass.

"its okay when girls stare at you, but not when guys stare at me? i see how it is." i roll my eyes jokingly.

"hi. do you have snapchat?" a woman asks, running her hand down eddie's chest. a weird pain shoots through me and i clear my throat.

"no. and i dont think im what youre looking for. i have a son." eddie replies, trying to let her down easy.

"thats great. so do i." she responds with a grin. evan and i give each other a look.

hen lay down on the ground to roll under the truck and she covers the woman with a jacket.

eddie and i stand back and watch as bobby cuts the tail pipe.

"damn, hot mama." a guy grins as he comes up behind me, squeezing a hand full of my ass. i immediately jump around and push him away.

"dont touch my ass, man." eddie's eyes widen and he steps in front of me.

"hey, its beyond rude and downright illegal to touch a woman without her consent. back up." he states.

"she liked it, man, come on." the man whines.

"like hell i did. your hands probably have crabs." i roll my eyes.

the man's expression turns angry and he sidesteps eddie. he gets close to my face, fighting eddie's grip.

"say something like that again. i dare you." he growls.

"you look like you have every std in the books." i grin. he lunges, but i grab onto his shoulder and launch my knee into his crotch.

the crowd gasps as he falls onto the ground, holding himself.

"angeline, go sit up front with eddie. i dont want someone to get close to you like that again." bobby says from behind me, squeezing my shoulder softly.

"okay." i shrug.