17 - perfect

angeline

i got discharged from the hospital earlier today.

eddie offered for me to stay at his house so that if i need anything he'll be there for me.

we stopped at my apartment to gather some things ill need for the next few days.

i mainly worried about toiletries and clothes and of course a few books in case i get bored.

currently, im praising myself for bringing books. i cracked open a classic about an hour ago when eddie went to drop christopher off at his friend's house and pick up food.

as much as i want to comprehend the information im reading, my mind wanders.

what would have happened if evan didnt find me? would i have just been wondering around in the forest bleeding out?

i instinctively place a hand over my stomach.

but not for the open wound.

the wound that will never heal.

my unborn baby, who's life was cut too short.

matt has completely fucked up my life.

my body.

my mental well-being.

my body is covered in scars.

burn scars, stab scars, surgical scars, etc.

but those have healed. my mental scars have not. and maybe they never will.

but i dont need them to heal. i need to care for them to make sure they dont get irritated and continue with my life.

as much as matt has fucked me over, hes not able to fuck me over anymore.

i can finally be happy. and unafraid.

i can be with eddie without worrying about his and christophers lives.

im shook out of my mind at the sound of the door opening.

eddie steps in with a few bags of food and two drinks in his hands. he kicks the door shut and grins at me before he frowns.

"are you okay?" he questions, quickly setting everything on the end table and sitting next to me.

"yeah, yeah," i nod with a weak smile. "i was just thinking. im okay, eds."

"okay." he sighs but doesnt look convinced. he sets the food down on the coffee table in fromt of me and starts taking food out of the bags.

he hands me some nuggets and i grin, popping one in my mouth.

i sit up slowly, careful of my sore stomach. eddie notices and quickly puts a pillow behind my back.

i smile gratefully at him and he smiles back softly. its silent between us as we eat. at some point, eddie placed his hand on my good leg and rubbed it softly.

my leg is almost healed enough to get the stitches out, but the doctors told me not to walk on it until further notice.

eddie has taken the role of making sure i do just that. i have a wheelchair here and he sits with me in the shower in case i need anything.

speaking of, i feel gross. i showered when i first got here, but i still cant get the feeling of the hospital and matt's hands off of my body. plus, i wasnt really able to do much other than sit there in the water.

i munch the rest of my food and wait until eddie has done the same.

"do you mind if i shower again?" i ask quietly. "i feel like his hands are still on me."

his face softens and he reaches up to caress my bruised cheek. "of course you can, sweetheart. i'll go get the water started for you."

"thank you," i mean it.

this man has done nothing but treat me like a damn princess.

i dont know what i have ever done to deserve him.

he wuickly runs to the bathroom and sets up the shower and i start to clean up the table. if eddie as much as catches me standing, he will lecture me, so i settle with just organizing the mess.

a second later he comes back out and throws away the trash.

"the waters gonna be nice and warm for you." he smiles and gently picks me up from the couch. my stomach throbs slightly, but i ignore it.

he sets me on the bathroom counter and lifts my shirt slightly.

"honey, you can take it off." i laugh lightly. "i would, but i dont think i can."

his cheeks flush slightly as he lifts the collar over my head. he helps get my arms out one at a time and gently runs his hand over my wound.

theres currently a piece of gauze taped over it. he peels it off and gathers the ointment and a new waterproof bandage.

he applies it and does the same to my leg, pressing it down firmly but not too hard to hurt me. he helps take off my shorts, leaving me in just my bra and underwear.

he helps me stand on my one foot for a second before lowering me into the tub.

he closes the curtain after handing me the shower head. i manage to scoot off my underwear, but i cant get my bra off.

"eddie," i call out. i hear him him and walk closer to the curtain. "can you help me? i cant wash my hair without possibly ripping my stitches. plus i cant get my bra off"

"um, yeah," he clears his throat. "sure." he slowly opens the curtain. his eyes are closed, peaking just barely over the ground.

"eds," i laugh. "you can look at me. i dont care." i tell him honestly, patting his cheek.

"i-i dont need to look. its okay." he says quickly.

"eddie," i drop the shower head and place my hands on his shoulders. "open your eyes." he does as i say. "good. now please, please take off my bra."

he cracks a smile and lowers his arms to my chest. he grabs the fabric and somehow gets it off of my body without hurting me.

he swallows harshly and makes intense eye contact with me.

"you can look." i smile. "i know you want to," i tease, tickling his neck.

his eyes wander over my body, pausing at my more intimate areas.

"youre so perfect, angeline." he whispers. i feel myself blush softly.