6 - content

ann

eddie decided to stay over for a little bit longer with christopher, and we ended up getting food.

after we finished eating we decided to put on a movie and relax.

christopher is entranced in the movie, not taking his eyes away for a split second. eddie, however, has been eyeing me the entire time.

"what?" i whisper, not wanting to bother chris.

"nothing. you're just pretty." he whispers back, brushing my hair out of my face. i feel the heat rush to my face and hide in his shoulder.

i hear him chuckle lightly and scratch my back.

"guys!" christopher exclaims. "watch the movie. its getting good!'

we laugh and i snuggle into eddie's side.

-

"chris is asleep." eddie says, sending me a small smile as he sits next to me at the kitchen island.

by the time that the movie ended, it was late so i offered to let them stay over. eddie took a shower and i lended him some of evan's things that i have here and chris was already passed out after the movie.

i smile and take a sip of wine.

we sit in silence for a minute, just sitting in each other's company.

"can i ask about your last relationship?" eddie asks quietly, turning towards me.

i let out a small sigh. "what do you want to know?"

"anything." he shrugs. "i don't want to pressure you or anything, so if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to."

"no, no. its fine. its gotten a lot easier to talk about, its just...i never had to talk about it to a new partner or something, you know?" i smile slightly and he nods. "um his name was matt. he was just basically normal until he asked me to marry him and then he realized i was stuck with him." i trace my finger over the rim of my wine glass. "he hit me and verbally abused me for a long time until something big happened and i left. i still have some scars."

"ann..." he whispers, grabbing my hand softly. i squeeze it and take a deep breath. "its okay. it was a while ago."

he nods and wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest. "im sorry. you should be able to admit your feelings for a girl and them go straight for you. you don't deserve this, eds."

"angeline." he says sternly, grabbing both of my hands. "you do not say that. i am perfectly okay with waiting for you to be ready, because its you." eddie tells me.

i just shoot him a sad smile and take another sip of my wine. "okay."

"come here. lets turn something on until we are ready for bed, hm?" i nod and he stands. "okay. you get blankets and pillows and ill get our drinks and pick something out."

i oblige and go to the hall closet and grab out two fluffy blankets and a few pillows. you could never be too comfy.

setting them on the couch, eddie is already plopped in the middle and scrolling through the channels.

"how does criminal minds sound?" he looks over at me. "good." i grin back.

i start sorting through the different blankets and pillows and divide them between us.

sitting down and tucking my legs indian style, it doesn't take long for eddie to lay down. he sprawls out slightly, but plops his head in my lap. i let out a small laugh and watch as his face lights up.

it doesn't take long for my eyes to droop, falling shut.

-

i wake up to gentle circles being traced onto my waist. immediately, i tense up, but once i open my eyes and see that its just eddie, i relax.

he just smiles softly and brushes my hair out of my face.

eddie is now sitting up leaning back against the couch as i lay with my head in his lap.

"good morning." he says quietly, his voice a lot deeper than usual.

"morning." i smile sleepily, adjusting so im staring straight at him. his hand shifts from my waist to my side, continuing on with gentle motions. "i would move but this is nice." i grin, my eyes closing as his fingers work their magic.

"thats okay. i like having you close to me." he mumbles, now drawing random designs on my skin.

the last time i had someone touch me like this was matt. and that didnt end very well. but for some reason, his touch isnt scaring me. it makes me feel safe, as cliche as it sounds.

"what are you thinkin' about?" eddie whispers.

"just how safe i feel with you." i admit softly. "i never felt like this before- even with matt in the beginning."

"im glad i could make you feel safe, ange." he says with a smile.

he stops the random shapes, now just running his hand over my side, scratching lightly.

i hum in content, turning onto my side and nuzzling my head into his belly.

we lay like this for a while, just basking in each other's presence and touch. chris walks out, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"good morning, buddy." eddie tells the boy.

"morning." he forces out, a yawn coming shortly after.

"do you guys want anything to eat?" i say, sitting up.

"cereal!" christopher exclaims happily.

i let out a laugh and sit up, taking a moment to stretch out my muscles.

with a happy sigh, i lead christopher into the kitchen and grab him a bowl.

"okay, buddy. frosted flakes, cocoa puffs, or cinnamon toast crunch?" i ask, pointing to each in my cabinet as i say the names.

"cocoa puffs." the boy grins widely, holding out his bowl.

"cocoa puffs you shall have, my prince." i say in a royal accent, tipping my imaginary hat and pour the cereal into his bowl.

i turn to grab the milk out of the fridge and notice eddie leaning against the doorframe.

"you want anything, eds?" i ask with a small smile.

"maybe a little bit of cocoa puffs." he smiles.

"okay, my kind sir." i reply in the same accent as before. he lets out a chuckle and pushes off the frame, walking closer and grabbing himself his own bowl.

i grab the milk and quickly pour a bit into chris' bowl and into eddies after he pours his cereal.

i decide to make some for myself and soon were sat on the couch, watching cartoons while eating cereal.

christopher is sat indian style on one side of his dad and im sat sideways on the other, my foot in his lap.

we sit in a comfortable silence, watching the colorful cartoon playing on the television. when eddie finishes his food, he scratches gently at my calf.