18 - nightmare

angeline

"im not kidding. you are going to ruin me for anyone else." eddie says softly, running his finger down my side.

"good." i smile. "i dont want anyone else to have you the way i do."

he smiles brightly and i pull his face to mine.

our lips move together in a passionate kiss, letting all of our love flow out into each other.

the spray of the water from the faucet causes me to pull back.

"as much as i love kissing you, can you please help me wash my hair?" i whisper.

he laughs and hods. he squeezes some of my shampoo into his hand and works it gently into my scalp. i let out a sound of enjoyment and he laughs softly.

we finish after a bit and he helps me out of the tub. i wrap a towel around my body and he sets me on top of the counter.

he begins to brush my hair, working the brush through my hair slowly to make sure that im in no pain.

he sets his hand on my cheek and rubs softly and i feel myself conform. my head leans into his hand and i hear him chuckle slightly.

i smile and let out a yawn.

"you wanna take a nap, sweet girl?" he asks softly, holding my face with both hands. i nod and he grins, kissing my head.

"okay. lets get you dressed in some comfy clothes and then we can nap, okay?" he suggests. i hum in agreement, letting myself melt into his arms.

he sets me on the bed and i dry off slightly as he walks to his closet.

he comes back with a shirt and helps me put it on without raising my arms. he then leans down and helps me step into my underwear.

i pull them up all the way and adjust slowly so im snuggled into the blankets. eddie throws the towel into the hamper and i feel myself drift off slowly.

the bed dips beside me and i feel eddie pull me into his body.

i lay with my head against his chest, enough room between us so he wont accidentally hit my stomach, but close enough to where we can still feel each other.

his arms wrap around me and his fingers thread through my hair.

it doesnt take long for me to fall asleep, resting easily in my lovers arms.

-

"angie, please." christopher begs, slamming his arms against the chair. the rope pulls on his skin and he lets out a whine.

"see what you did, lee? this is all your fault." matt grins slyly, tracing the knife up chris's arm.

i let out a sob when i see blood rush to the top of his skin.

"please dont hurt him. he did nothing!" i cry loudly. "please,"

i look over at eddie's limp body.

this is all my fault.

its your fault.

you did this.

you ruined their lives.

youre taking away their lives.

"no!" i scream, my heart shattering as i watch matt raise the knife.

-

"angeline, listen to me, youre okay." i feel arms wrap around me and i let out a yell, stumbling off of the bed.

i land on my stomach and grip onto it as pain explodes through me.

eddie looks over with a concerned face and stands.

"eddie," i exclaim, struggling to get to my feet. i manage to pull myself up and hug him tightly. "i thought you died."

"im right here, baby. im alive." he whispers, scratching my back softly.

i let out a gasp and pull back.

"christopher. matt killed him. im so sorry," i sob loudly into his chest.

"no, no." he coos. "i picked christopher up an hour ago. hes in his room reading. do you want to see him?"

i nod eagerly and he picks me up, starting towards the boys room. 

he kicks the door open lightly and i see chris doing exactly what eddie said. reading.

eddie sets me down on the bed and chris crawls over, sitting sideways on my lap. he wraps his arms around my neck with a frown.

"whats wrong?" he asks, bringing up his little hand to wipe my face.

"i just missed you, buddy." i sniffle. he tucks his head in my neck and squeezes me.

i wound my arms around his body, pulling him as close to me as possible.

"i love you, angie." he whispers into my ear. i feel a tear run down my cheek as i smile.

"i love you, too, chrissy boy." i kiss his hair, setting my cheek on his head.

eddie walks over to the bed, wrapping his arms around us.

we sit like that for a while until we eventually go downstairs, getting started on breakfast. well, more like lunch.

apparently i slept completely through the night, plus a few hours. its 11, two hours later than i usually wake up.

we throw in some pizzas and sit down on the couch, starting up one of chris's favorite shows.

eddie lays on his back horizontal on the couch and ushers me to sit with him. he spreads his legs and i plop in between them, snuggling up to his chest.

chris walks over and lays on top of me, resting his head on my stomach.

"its like a doggy pile but comfy." i joke, running my fingers through the young boy's hair.