Chapter 14: Shift!

***Trigger warning for violent acts being discussed.***

I'd left Neera with Aymeric while I went to handle some pack business with Néron. After devoting my morning to the pack, I could be with my Howl for the remainder of the day, working to get her to a point that she was willing to Take my Blood. That was critical, and I was baffled as to why, now that she knew everything, she was still unwilling to bite me.

He's an idiot if he thinks some vague explanations about magic are enough for me to forget that rejection of me.

I grunted as I heard Neera's thoughts and missed the question my brother had asked me about the Luniere pack. Their Alpha wanted to meet with me to discuss some other strange happenings. Unfortunately, all I could think about was tracking down Neera and showing her just how much of an idiot I was. 

I shot a quick text to Aymeric.

All good?

As usual, his wordy reply took forever to read:

Yes

I sighed. Every fucking time. The Alpha's Teeth could never give more information or expand on his answers unless asked specific questions.

Are you still at the Den?

His response came quickly:

Yes

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I typed out another text:

Who's with her?

His response wasn't as swift this time, and I almost choked when I read his answer:

Owena. And that Echo who is a mouthy little wolf begging for discipline over my knee to fix her attitude

Well, fuck if that wasn't interesting.  My Alpha's Teeth saw women as a nuisance and had always claimed he was content to be single, happy that so far the Forces had not sent him a Destined One. I strongly suspected he'd never fucked a woman or he might not find them so objectionable. It was all about the job with Aymeric, and he took his position as my Alpha's Teeth seriously. That he wanted to put that little wolf over his knee spoke volumes to me. I assumed she was slightly younger than Neera, so her mate brand hadn't appeared yet.

To put Aymeric's tail in a twist, I texted back:

As my Alpha's Teeth, you're in charge of pack discipline, so if she needs some, feel free

Three dots appeared and then disappeared for an entire minute.

She's going to get a bare-ass spanking if she doesn't stop

I burst out laughing.

The type of discipline is at your discretion. I don't need or want details

This time, it took two minutes for him to reply.

She makes my dick hard and I don't know what to do about it since that hasn't happened before

Oh, for fuck's sake. He and my brother were my closest friends, but I did not want to know this shit. I'd be willing to bet my father hadn't dealt with this type of shit from his Alpha's Teeth. Still, he was a pack member and he seemed to be asking for my advice. Cringing, I typed out a response.

Ask her out on a date or ask if she's DTF but I don't want to hear any more details

Tell him if she smells good to lick her face, my wolf interjected.

OK, enough of this bullshit was enough. I needed to finish up pack business so I could get to my Howl and talk her into Taking my Blood. I needed this bond to go both ways so we could communicate. I'd feel much better, given the uncertainty of things right now. Lindsay Morgan was still moving about at will, although I had eyes on her; I was unwilling to imprison the bitch since I didn't know what she was capable of with her magic. I wanted her to go on thinking we had no idea what she was until I had more information and was ready to move on her.