Epilogue: A Simple Statement Of Truth

Five years later...

The years since I married my little Howl have seemed like but a moment in time. I may be Alpha of the Aibek pack, but she is the ruler of me. Everything I do is with the aim of making her happy, and although I don't always succeed completely because I'm a man and I can be dense, it's my goal everyday to make her smile, make her laugh, make her thankful the Forces joined us together.

And to give her good dick every day, most important of all! 

He's still a horny little fucker, my wolf.

My eyes are always on my Howl whenever I'm in the same room with her, and I try to make that as often as possible, unless I have pack business to attend to. Neera right now is making her way toward me and our three children are beside her, with their guards following them. It is like watching your very heart walk toward you. Darius, at a little over four, refuses to hold Neera's hand in the Den, which breaks my wife's heart, but outwardly she just rolls her eyes and blames me.

"He acts just like you, Night," she says, exasperated with his pint-sized Alpha attitude. "In every way possible -- he's arrogant, independent, ready to fight, and he struts around like the future Alpha he is."

I shrug, knowing she's right, trying not to let her see just how proud I am of our son, of his aggressiveness, of his need to dominate. He'll need those qualities to rule the Aibek pack someday. But I also know that he's still very much a little boy; Darius snuggles on what little lap Neera has whenever possible, his ear against her heart, letting the sound soothe him. His mother's heartbeat calms all that confusing need for dominance and control inside of him so I've asked Neera to be especially watchful for him wanting his heartbeat time. All wolf pups find it soothing, but future Alphas find it especially so. 

Alphas, even from a very young age, are cocky, fearless, and much, much more aggressive than other boys their age, preparing for their future place in the pack. While most wolves shift at around age five, future Alphas shift even earlier -- Darius shifted for the first time right after his third birthday, and fortunately I was there because he took off after our cat. Neera would have a fit if her gray tabby, Sleek, became our son's first kill.

At that young age, the wolf and the human haven't learned to work together yet and the wolf is a primal creature going on instinct alone with no human to hold him back. So that day, I picked up the tiny little wolf by the scruff of his neck, and I fucking Alpha decreed his little ass to never hurt the cat. The little bastard still tried to nip me on the nose with a snap of those tiny jaws, but my wolf answered that unwise little challenge with a bone-chilling growl that made my son's wolf whine. My wolf might love our pups, but he knew when a lesson needed to be learned.

Darius occasionally forgets his mother's place in our immediate family pack, and when he does, I take him out to the woods where we shift and I remind him who is Alpha with a lot of snarling, growling and snapping my teeth at him, accompanied by the occasional nip on his flank or swipe of my paw. It's a language his wolf understands as I teach him about hierarchy. His mother takes precedence over everyone but me and, as such, she will be respected; Darius will settle for a time after a lesson in the woods...until his wolf pushes forward again and the lesson will be repeated. And it will continue to be repeated until he and his wolf figure things out between them and they both learn control and pecking order. 

Neera probably suspects what really goes on when I suggest a walk in the woods with my son so we can talk, but she has never asked and I'll keep that from her so she doesn't have to worry about Darius.

She has enough to worry about with all three children and the baby who's almost here. Our fourth child in five years is starting to settle that need I feel to breed Neera, but she hasn't said a word about wanting to be done, and I'm happy to keep her filled with my pups. My wolf fucking struts around still chanting pups pups pups so I know there are more in our future. I already have an architect working on plans for an addition to our house, and even though she hasn't had this baby yet, Neera's already talking about our next.