A Look Into The Very Near Future

Two days after Night and Neera's wedding...

Night and I had just gotten home from the Den when my phone chimed with a text from Echo.

WTF? Aymeric just came up, sniffed my hair and then LICKED MY FACE 

Before I could even begin to formulate a response to that, another text came in from Echo.

I'm going to kill this fucker and I don't care what your husband says

I texted her back: What's going on?

The three dots cycled for a minute before Echo's answer came through.

That FUCKING ASSHOLE just threw me over his knee and spanked my ass. In the Den. In front of people!!

Another text came through, this time from Owena. It was a thirty second video, taken in the Den and was focused on Echo and Aymeric, who stood facing each other like they were having a standoff.

Echo wiped her cheek, an irritated look on her face.

"What the hell, asshole? You can't just lick my face!"

"You smelled good."

"It's called basic hygiene, Meri. You should try it sometime so you don't always smell like wet dog."

Aymeric poked a finger at her. "I've about had it with your mouth, little wolf."

"Why? Does it say too many big words that are hard for you to understand?"

"I'm done," he said calmly, then he grabbed Echo by the waist, sat down on a chair and threw her over his knee. In one move, he pushed her dress up to expose her ass (her thong didn't cover anything), splayed his left hand on her back to hold her down and proceeded to administer four sharp smacks to her cheeks, Echo yelling the whole time.

The video ended.

At the same moment, Night's phone pinged with a text and he frowned after reading it.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Just got a text from Aymeric," he said, and he sounded confused.

"And?" I prompted.

"No fucking clue what he's talking about. All he said was I think it worked."