Chapter Ten

Amira's Pov
"Oh how silly it is for the king to keep sending Rhaenyra off for these marriage proposals. She is not so easily swayed." I found myself chuckling roughly at the near thought of my poor niece she just be going through hell and back. You would think Viserys would have noticed by now, she always cuts them dear short and would be sailing back in no time. My handmaiden Visinia she was always entertaining. The only one I trusted to watch my daughter besides my brother in law and niece.

A small little giggle escaped from her lips sitting down next to me on the stone bench I smiled down at Daenyra watching as her small hands played with the round apple in her tiny palms. I knew if I wasn't watching her closely, she would try and stuff the whole red fruit into her mouth, while laughing about it with a happily giggle.

"Do you miss him my lady?" I could hear the sympathy laced throughout her caring tone, we made eye contact with one another. I found my knee bouncing Daenyra gently up and down, while she mouthed at the Apple roughly a few times shoving it up towards me with a two teeth smile, trying to feed it to me.

"Always Visina, she's grown a lot and I fear he'll have some resentment towards me from missing his first child's birth that's unavoidable." I grumbled our attention was so focused on one another throughout our hush speaking that the sudden loud rose of a dragon had not only us but anyone through out Kingslanding looking up towards the sky. My eyes grew in size at the sight of the red Dragon I hadn't seen in the years of him being gone.

I stood up for a moment exhaling a couple times The bloodworm... He looked the same as my memory allowed from me. Daemon was home after all this time and here in my heart was fear. I was actually scared of the arrival when it should have been so happy.

__________________________
A quarter of the remainder of the day was filled with so much celebration from what I had heard from my brother and husbands return. Although it was just word I was hearing from servants. I had told my handmaiden to it anyone were to question where I was that I was out attending matters of my own.

I never had been fearful of Daemon yet who was to know what had changed this time dressing up Daenyra in a beautiful red and black dress making sure the little cloak hood covered her head and face. We both sat on the edge of the docks, watching the water. I held her in my lap, listening to her little voice babbling to one herself.

I found my hand slowly moving out so she could press her little hand into it. Two surprises today my niece and husband both back home.

"Now it never was like my wife to run from me, none the less run from what's ahead of her." I felt my entire body tense up for a second, pulling my own cloak hood slightly spinning my head to face his slick like voice. I held back a rough chuckle locking eyes with his people eyes. His long hair gone replaced with short locks instead. It did suit him quite well.

"And who's to say I'm running from you? I get sleepy easily husband you should know this, I'm happy of your arrival seeing your face." I roughly clicked my tongue over my cheek a couple times harshly.

"Yet I hear my beautiful wife and child aren't the first to greet me back first before my niece." I grumbled standing up moving away from the dock, placing Daenyra on my hip facing Daemon fully now seeing his eyes flicking from not just me before looking at our daughter with softness.

"I apologize Daemon it struck through my mind you wouldn't wanna see me after all this time." A scoff left him watching him step towards me, cupping my left cheek firmly in his palm.

"Don't ever think such nonsense Amira, I know I've been away from some time I missed our child's birth and I never can forgive myself for that. Yet my heart still desires and loves you and it always will okay?" His tone was firm, he made sure I was still looking at him as he leaned in pressed a single kiss to my lips on a firm like deep emotion.

I fluttered my eyes a couple times returning the kiss watching him pull away for a second, rubbing his thumb over my cheek bones a couple times suddenly smiling.

"Still so beautiful as I remember, and who might this be?" He whispered in a teasing like tone, dropping his head down for a moment to gaze into Daenyra's eyes tenderness laced through out his facial expression.

I chuckled shifting her towards him watching him wrap his arms around her in a instant. "This here is our daughter Daenyra, she is three moons now." He tilted his head back towards me in awe, gently tapping at her chin a couple times with a grin bouncing her in his arms.

"Three moons you say? Well haven't you grown you look so much like your mother oh but you have my eyes let me have a look." He cooed tilting her head up to gaze into her eyes with another happy grin.

"She has your nose though." He muttered turning back to look at me in amusement. "Perhaps I should put another in you yes darling?"

"I don't care how long ago it was, you never are allowed back inside me."