Chapter Twelve

Amira's Pov
Pure frustration was radiating off me. Curse this stupid family of mine and their actions all for a damn throne. It made no such sense to me. I held Daenyra on my hip while she slept soundly in my shoulder throwing clothes here and there into a large bag. I was foolish for ever believing any of Daemon's foolish lies he has told me in the years of being married to him.

"My lady Amira!" I groaned tossing the heavy set brown bag to land on the large king size bed, turning to face one of my hand maidens. It wasn't even them that I was angry at I was angry at everyone around me in such a short amount of time.

"What is it now!" I screamed out, my body shaking with frustrations I had felt one of the many handmaidens had ran over to grabbed Daenyra from me holding her as my body shook. I must have been shaking a lot my frustration anger was collapsing into unbearable sadness.

"I know there are a lot of rumors flying around my lady.. And me telling you to be calm is less of your worries but.. Tonight is Princess Rhaenyra's and Sir Laenor's wedding celebration, if you do not attend high treason could arise." A bitter laugh escaped from my mouth, brutally lifting my hand up to wipe at my cheeks rough like a couple times at the warm like tears leaving my face.

"Of course there's always something going to add to this family." I chuckled more harshly, using the back of my hand to keep wiping away my face a soft sob shaking out of me in anger.

"I just want to leave.. I've never hated a family more... I can't even even have a moment to process things. Tell Viserys I'm only attending half way and then leaving part way, that's my answer nothing further." I could hear them muttering to themself before Daenyra was placed gently to lay on my bed while she slept. I stared at her face figure with sad softness.

__________________________________
I despised this. I could have declined everything that I could, sitting at the long table for the royals. Daemon was looking quite smug tonight, looking between everyone. I held Daenyra firmly in my lap, watching her fixing her dark red dress a couple times gently placing a few grapes into her mouth watching her happily nom.

It had me smiling just faintly, before my head had lifted up to focus on my husband who had leaned in closer to me staring at me with a sudden confusion and firmness.

"My love? You've been really quiet tonight is everything alright?" I licked my inner cheek a couple times, bouncing my leg in place to get a steady rhythm for Daenyra who was squeaking clapping her hands a few times.

"Oh nothing I'm fine husband, just been hearing some things around the Red keep that's all." Daemon squinted his eyes at me, still showing confusion before he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment.

"Whatever is going around again Amira you never believe any of it."

"Did you fuck our niece in the brothel, and then leave her there? You have exactly three minutes of my time before I leave you." The surprise in his eyes was prominent, watching the way he placed his cup down firmly.

"What? No I didn't fuck our niece I showed her around the red keep for a little while but I was in the dragon pit with Caraxes who the fuck is saying that?" He growled out deeply, pushing in his chair roughly for a moment about to stand up.

"Who else would have people spying on you, Otto Hightower who has been reassigned as the right hand. All ladies in waiting have been giggling about it." Daemon looked even more shocked his mouth dropping open, a sudden dark chuckle leaving him cupping at his chin for a moment scoffing a little.

"Of course that cunt would spread around that false rumor, as if the one about killing my ex wife isn't enough." He laughed more to himself licking at his inner cheek a couple times before he plopped down back roughly.

"What can I say or do to prove to you that I was where I was last night?" I gave him a deadpan look of annoyance, the three minutes were tickling away by the minute gazing into his annoying smug like face with focused like eyes. He groaned before he leaned on both his hands focusing on me even more his anger flashing to sadness.

"You really don't believe me do you Amira?" I kept staring at him some more, finding myself looking away for a moment at all the happy cheering and celebration.

"What am I to believe? When I know what you always wanted." His eyes once again shifted before, he looked down at the table, exposing his ring to me on his hand.

"I swear on our marriage.. To our daughter and more to come, I swear on you Amira, my wife I didn't sleep with Rheanyra the Dragon keepers are my witnesses Rheanyra was with someone else after I left her company." I stared heavy into his eyes, finding his one hand moving to grab at my hand stroking at my ring a couple times in place.

"For as long as I've known you Daemon, I've believe your words, even ignored the rumors. If, and just if I believe this.. And later in the future I learn something different I'll never forgive you." He moved to rest his temple on my palm for a moment, breathing out a heavy sigh of relief. Before he looked up to gaze at Daenyra with a tender like smile cupping at her little cheek stroking at the side of her head.