16 - Cuddles and Engagement Rings

I woke up the next morning with Gerard right next to me in Star Wars pajamas. I kiss his cheek and he rolls over to face me.

"Morning sugar."

"Morning muffin."

He giggles a little. "You're so beautiful. I'm the luckiest man to ever live."

"You're so sweet." I smile at him.

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I lay my head on his chest and he plays with my hair.

"Will you ever leave me again?"

"Never again will I make that mistake and you can rest assured that that is the truth, sugar."

"Gee, I love you. I never want you to leave."

"I love you more. I won't ever leave again."

He tilts my chin up and kisses me with the greatest passion a man could muster. I'm still not over all the butterflies. Everything he wanted to say with that kiss, he said. When he holds me, I finally feel safe and at rest.

He's perfect. What he did to me doesn't even matter. I love him and now I know that he loves me too.

"Sugar, I need to ask you a serious question. Would you rather have a diamond or a dinosaur ring?"

"Dinosaur all day."

"Good, I thought so. I just wanted to make sure you would like it. It's for your birthday."

Realizing what this might be, I smile. I kiss the tip of his nose.

*Time skip to your birthday*

I fumble with my keys and open the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

I huge smile is plastered on my face and I immediately go for hugs. I give all of the guys the biggest hugs and kiss each of their cheeks as I go down the row.

"You're all too sweet. I love y'all. Thank you so much."

Gerard comes in with a few little bags.

"Hey sugar. How are you today?" He comes in for a quick kiss.

"Even better than I was this morning!"

He sets all of the tiny gift bags on the table and gets a box out of the fridge. He opens the box and a beautiful red velvet cake is revealed. (If you don't like red velvet or would just rather have something different, switch it with your favorite.) He grabs some candles and sticks them in the cake. He grabs a lighter and comes to wrap his arm around my waist before lighting the candles.

He goes full on band director style and even counts off four before they all breathe together and start to sing. When they finish, I blow out the candles.

Gee kisses my cheek and says, "Happy birthday, sugar. Will you take a walk with me?"

"Of course I will!" I lean my head on his shoulder. He winks at the guys.

They all nod and walk off in the general direction of the back door. Gee takes my hand and walks me out the front door and to the backyard.

"So, what do you want our future together to be like? Be honest."

"I want to marry you and have a few kids together. I want us to continue the band and provide those kiddos with a good life. Then, I want to be able to put the kids through school and when we retire, I want to travel the world with you. Even if we don't travel the world, I just want to be with you. Maybe we'll even have grandbabies."

"I like that. If you want it, I'll give it to you. Through it all, I'll be there for you."

When I finally look up and away from his beautiful face, I see that the backyard has a new, white bench and there's a set of roses laying on it. The bench faces the clear sky that's already fading into a sunset.

"Gee, it's beautiful. I love it."

He only smiles at me and takes me over there. He hands me the flowers and sets me down. We talk for a while about the future, but then stray off to the most random topics. Soon, he pauses for a minute. He stands up, fumbles with his jacket pocket, and pulls out a small, square box.

"Hey Y/n, I honestly forgot everything I was planning to say here and I already threw away the note cards, but you can tell what's happening right now. I love you more than anything else and as I've said, I'll never leave you. You're the greatest person to ever walk the Earth and I don't have to even meet anyone else that's ever lived to know that. You are the most perfect person and I don't deserve you. I let you get away once and I'll never do it again." He gets down on one knee and opens the box to reveal a little dinosaur ring that is made of diamonds. "Will you make me even luckier and marry me?"

"Of course!"

He slides the adorable little ring on my finger and I practically jump on top of him. I wrap my arms around his neck and I'm almost crying at this point. We have a 21st Century Breakdown type of kiss again, just like we did three years ago, only this time, it was so much more passionate and sweet.

Frank then shyly comes up with a camera.

"Hey, congratulations guys. I always knew that it would be y'all, even when you hated each other. Wanna see the pictures?"

"Woah, you took pictures? Of course I do!!"

He then proceeds to show me pictures of us sitting together, when Gee got down on one knee, the kiss, and the reaction and my answer to his question.

Maybe it's because I'm a little emotional right now, but this is honestly one of the sweetest gestures ever. I jump up and give Frank a big ol' hug and thank him. Of course, being the modest and humble little dude he is, he credited Ray and Mikey more than himself.

"That is so sweet Frankie. I love it. Tell the rest of them I said thank you!"

I look at Gee and he takes my hand in his and uses the other to cup my face. He kisses me sweetly and I smile into the kiss.

My life is finally put back together, but it's not finished yet. The puzzle isn't near complete, but it's getting there.

Y'all this is definitely one of my favorite chapters I've written. Also y'all meet my platonic wife xXxanniebeexXx. She's the sweetest person ever <3