Chapter Four- Big Wins

The crowd erupted into a loud cheer as Jackson made yet another shot. The referee blew the whistle and students filed out of the stands and into the fields to cheer the boys Lacrosse team as they won yet another game, bumping up their undefeated record to 10-0. I grinned at Jackson who pushed away from the crowd and ran up to kiss me. I giggled as he lifted me up and I kissed him wildly.

"You—" I gasped between a kiss. "-were absolutely amazing baby."

"I can't help but be amazing, comes with the package." Jackson winked letting me down. "Hey come by later? The boys and I are heading to my house because of tonight's win."

"Uh, I have to ask my parents but--"

"They won't care, its me." Jackson said wrapping his arms around my waist. "Sneak out if you have to."

"I don't know Jackson, they're leaving tomorrow to New York for a week and I wanted to stay in and help my mom pack an-"

"Come on, live a little. Do it for me. Besides, you're rich, have someone do it for you." I parted my lips to say something but Jackson bent down to give me a quick peck. I sighed and nodded. "See ya later baby."

I waved and took in a deep breath. I grabbed my duffle bag and backpack and walked over into the parking lot. I piled my things into the trunk and slammed it shut. I slid into my seat and drove home silently. I pulled up to my driveway and grabbed my things from the back. I opened my front door and walked over to the living room where my mom stood over a suit case.

She looked up and grinned. "Sweetheart! You're home!" She rushed over and hugged me.

I laughed awkwardly setting my stuff into the corner. "Why are you so happy?" I asked.

"Your father surprised me with a beach vacation! Just me of course, your father is staying. Business or something."

"Huh.." I trailed off. "Where is Dad actually?"

"In the study, I think Matthew is here." My mom said sorting through clothes. "Once your done come down and help me pick what I need to take. Ugh!" She screamed. "The girls will freak if they see me in last seasons pieces--" My mom rambled to herself. "Also sweetie I placed a dress up in your room for tomorrow night."

"Whats tomorrow?" I asked confused.

"You're father has a gala or something, as long as one of us is there he won't complain. It's a pretty dress, Ted Baker I believe. You should look stunning. I'm sure Jackson will like it, I mean really boys his age just care about what's under. I know your father loves some good ling-

"Mom no!" I giggled covering my ears as I began to run up the stairs. I turned in the direction of my fathers study. I went to open the door when I heard a loud thump. I held my ear to the door and I could hear their voices clearly.

"--I think the other one knows." I heard Matthew begin. "I knew that kid couldn't keep to himself. Jackson on the other hand is acting like nothing happened." Matthew hissed. "I don't want Derek to say-"

"He won't." My father began. "Derek won't speak a word once he realizes the amount of money we're willing to offer."

"Daniel don't doubt me for a second when I say that boy was raised in diapers of velvet. Money is not an issue for him. Rose made me keep trust funds for both our sons. Money can't help us."

"Then do what you did before. It worked with Rose and it should work with Derek. Derek won't speak up, and he won't leave his brother alone with you. You're methods are beyond me but they work." My father replied.

I narrowed my eyes. What did they mean? Why would they consider offering money to Derek? What did Derek know that Matthew and my father didn't want him to know? My mind began to cloud with puzzling thoughts and slowly I began to think about what was becoming more and more evident by the second. Did Matthew do something to Rose? Did my father? I stopped myself before I could continue to make more of the situation. I didn't know all the details and I certainly shouldn't have overheard their conversation. It wasn't my place and it was a very threatening accusation.

I heard footsteps come towards the door and quickly sprinted to my room. I shut the door swiftly as the door to my fathers study opened. I heard them mumbling in the hall and I rushed to my bathroom. I stripped down out of my uniform and turned on the shower. I stepped in and scrubbed myself until I was nearly bleeding. I felt dirty. Dirty because I was coming onto something so vile and filthy that I couldn't comprehend the truth behind it.

I stepped out and pulled on a thin cotton shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans (The amount of comments I got on the upcoming chapters for not adding that detail is freaking mind blowing). I blow dried my hair and threw it up into a ponytail. I grabbed my bag and tried to sneak my way downstairs to Jackson's house. I couldn't stand the thought of being home.

"Hey mom-" I stopped myself when I saw my father and Matthew hovering over the coffee table.

"Hey sweetie, your mother went to grab something from her friend's place, something about a dress?" My father greeted me. Matthew turned around and stared at me dauntingly while sipping from a cup of what looked like whiskey.

"O-Oh, well I was just going to ask her if I could head out."

My father pursed his lips. "I would like it if you would stay and have din-"

"Leave it Daniel." Matthew interrupted. "She's a kid, let her live a little." Matthew winked at me. "Where to darling?"

"Um, your house actually. I was going to meet Jackson."

"Oh!" Matthew exclaimed. "I was heading out there now, I'll take you."

I felt my heart leap to my throat. "Uh no, and you should probably stay with my dad and you guys could drink or wh-"

Matthew set his cup down and began to walk towards me and I felt my legs hit the couch. "I insist."

My father shrugged. "Sounds good to me, thanks Matthew." My father popped his head over. "Nothing frisky, alright? Be home by twelve. We have a long day tomorrow."

I nodded and Matthew turned to my father. "You got it Daniel, I'll drive her myself if I have to." He turned back to me and smirked. "I'm a great driver."