Chapter Nine- Botox and Dollar Bills

I felt warm—safe as I sat in Derek's arms. He smelled like the woods and strong cologne. I closed my eyes inhaled deeply. I pulled myself out of his grasp and sat on my knees. "J-Jackson got me that dress." I croaked. "He didn't like the dress I was wearing so he made me change" I stared at the dress. "I guess just seeing it set me off. I-I can't stand how bright and modest it was, it's not me. I don't even like the color blue. It's too blue.." I trailed off in attempts to justify myself. "And I didn't want to destroy it completely. I just was cutting it because I was going to make another dress out of it."

Derek looked at me sympathetically. "Okay." He shrugged.

"That's it? You're not going to ask me anything else?" I asked a bit stunned.

"No I'm not." He replied standing up. "I hate when people push for an answer when I'm either not ready to give it to them or if I've already told them." He explained offering his hand to help me up.

"Thank you for that, not a lot of people understand that you need to stop after a certain extent."

"Yeah, tell me about it." He smirked. He looked down at the dress. "F*ck it is hideous."

I giggled. "I know, I looked like my Grandma!"

"What dress did you wear anyways?"

"Here," I mumbled while scrolling through my phone. "I still have a picture from earlier that night." I explained as I handed him the phone.

His eyes grew wide. "Holy f*ck you looked  hot!" He handed me back my phone in shock. "We're so going to go and get you something identical to that."

I shook my head. "No way, this is my father's gala. I need to look sophisticated."

"Or like a prude who in six years will be a boring housewife who vacations in the Hamptons and has boring every Thursday night sex with her 9-5 big brand owning husband." Derek interrupted.

I grimaced. "You know as blunt and as disrespectful you sound at times you always do tell the truth and I respect it."

"Of course you do. Who likes liars? Be upfront about it now or cry about it later."

"Nice philosophy."

Derek shrugged and began to walk downstairs. I followed after him and shut the door as we made way to his car. I tried to hide my smile as I sat down in his sleek black Impala. Not only did it resemble Dean's car from Supernatural but it made a nice statement as we passed by the number of Mercedes and other luxury cars in our town. I peeked over at Derek and studied his face for a few seconds. He was so different compared to his brother. Jackson would never get a tattoo yet Derek sat here with a few pretty large and noticeable designs on display. His sleek black attire suited him and his mysterious aura and I would be lying if it didn't make scream danger. I stared at my black jeans and coat and bit my lip to hold vs I a smile. We looked alike today. Although I still did seem to have that preppy vibe going when it clashed with Derek's it seemed to fit perfectly.

"Are you done eye balling me or do I need to start worrying?" Derek spoke up suddenly with his eyes still studying the road.

I blushed and turned away. "Shut up!" I whispered.

His chuckle echoes throughout the car. He reached over and turned on the radio and I drummed along my fingers to the beat. Time flew by and soon enough we were parked in front of a well known plaza in our town. On a typical day it would be full of girls from Viroid and dozens of socialites that my mom would love to brag to. It didn't help that the gala was tonight either, nearly every girl from our side of town would be there. Already a few stares could be seen and both Derek and I looked at each other, well aware that we both would be the talk of the town for the next few weeks.