Chapter Eight- Bruises

(What Bridgette would've looked like if she she wore the Gold dress, read to know why she didn't)

Derek followed behind me as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I stopped and turned to face him. "Derek can you at least act like you aren't following me?"

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, I'm just going out to do gang related things. Don't worry!" He grinned throwing his hands up in defense.

I sighed and opened the front door. Jackson looked up smiling at first but then scowled as Derek followed behind me. "Seriously?" He asked looking at me.

"Chill out Jack-y boy. I'm going out to do gang related things.." he looked down at me. "girls like danger."

"Shut up." Jackson snapped. "Let's go babe." He commanded turning on his heel. Derek pulled my arm quickly.

"If he hurts you just stick your hand out the window. I'm right behind you." He whispered.

I nodded and rushed over rto Jackson. I opened the drivers door and began to slip in when Jackson grabbed my waist. "Hey I'm not letting you drive baby."

I uncomfortably squirmed out of his grip and tossed him the keys. "Whatever you want." I mumbled walking over to the passenger side. He slid in and started the car. I stared out trying to distract myself from his grip on my thigh. I sighed and leaned on the window. The cold seeped from the window to the side of my cheek and I closed my eyes st the comfort it brought.

"Hey, I'm sorry about tonight."

I opened my eyes. "Mmhm."

"Can you use your damn words!" He exclaimed suddenly.

I looked up at him in fear. "I'm sorry—it's o-okay!"

He sighed and shook his head. "Whatever. We're here anyways." I looked up and a wave of relief washed over me. I began to unbuckle out of the seat but he reached out for my hand. "Bridgette are you okay?" He asked. "I-I know what I did was wrong but I want you to forgive me." He muttered. He looked down at my hand and whimpered. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, I just lost my temper."

"I forgave you—you know that. Don't worry about it, I love you and it's okay. That's all you need to know." I squeezed his hand in reassurance. "Come on, my mom's going to need you to charm her into not calling the police after she sees this." I giggled.

He nodded and we both got of the car. I opened the front door and my mother called for me from the kitchen. "Bridgette? Honey is that you?"

"Yeah mom, Jackson's here too. He just wanted to say hi." I explained walking into the kitchen. She looked up from her laptop and gasped.

"Bridgette! What happened?"

"I-"

"She fell, tripped over my lacrosse equipment in my room." Jackson interrupted. My mom nodded in understanding.

"Well you need to be more careful Bridgette. It doesn't look too bad. If you don't want to go to the gala with your father tomorrow you don't have to."

"No, it's fine. It's just a small bruise. I can cover it up."

"Okay. You're going to be there with your father tomorrow right?" She asked Jackson.