Chapter One- Funeral

I studied Jackson's face in awe. The expression on his face was telling a complete different story than his eyes. His eyes held such an awful and great deal of grief that it was almost painful to look at him. To know that a person you loved more than anything in the world was feeling the worst pain a person could feel and you couldn't do anything about it was simply excruciating. My chest felt heavy as I tried to breathe in and out, trying my best to hide my own tears and feelings so I could help him. My heart ached as I watched him close his eyes to avoid knowing the fate of his mother as her casket was being lowered into the ground. The worst part was that I wasn't able to do anything. I could just enclose my fingers around his and lend him a shoulder to cry on. It was a horrific thing that had happened to him. His mother had recently passed away in a gruesome car accident. She had died on impact, there was absolutely nothing the Doctors or anyone for that matter could have done to save her. It was absolutely heart wrenching to realize how one day such a strong and beautiful human could just be taken away from you. I sighed and looked up at the people gathered to honor his mother. A few striking resemblances reminded me of his mother quite a great deal, perhaps her sisters. I scanned the crowd until I landed on an unfamiliar and out of a place face. A pale faced boy was staring directly at me with a great deal of anger. Dark hair and piercing eyes were glued onto me. The expression on his face displayed a great deal of anger and frustration. His eyes were misty with deep blue-purple dark circles underneath. I looked down at his chest and could almost decipher a strange tattoo peaking out form under his collar that put him even more out of place. Tattoos were taboo along with a lot of modern day things in Jackson's family because he came from a very posh and upscale family.

Suddenly, I felt Jackson's fingers release mine and broke out of my thoughts. He took a few steps back from his spot before turning hastily and beginning to stomp angrily to his car. I struggled to keep up with him as he took long strides. "Jackson!" I called after him trying my best to catch up. I finally reached him but he was already in his car and quickly sped away. I sighed and shook my head. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder and I gasped in fear as I turned around.

"I'm sorry Bridgette."his father began. "I didn't mean to frighten you dear. I just don't want you to take his actions to heart, he's just grieving his own away."

I nodded. "Yes of course Sir. I'm very sorry for your loss." I sympathized.

He chuckled dryly. "It's quite alright dear. Rose was the love of my life but it was her time to go and I can only be thankful for the time I had with her." He sighed. "You remind me of her a lot. The way you talk, your kindness, your appearance. Everything. My son is lucky to have you."

My lips parted but I wasn't exactly sure what to say. I was thankful when my father came up and patted him on the back and got rid of the awkward tensions. They had been best friends for a number of years and were buzzing away in a conversation when I asked my father for his keys.

"Where are you going honey?" My father asked handing me his keys.

"I just want to go and check on Jackson, I'm a little worried." I explained. He nodded and I took off.

A few minutes later I came upon the extravagant gold gate in front of his house and rolled down my window for the gate keeper to see who I was. To say Jackson was rich was an understatement. His father worth millions, and he had a luxurious home filled with top notch antiques and cars to showcase his wealth.

His father and my father both owned a company together and that was the reason Jackson and I had met in the first place. We had known each other since we were young and as we grew older we began to grow closer and eventually into something greater when he had asked me to be his girlfriend when we entered high school. Four years later as seniors it was better than ever.