Prologue

By now everyone knows the way that Kol Mikaelson is but I bet nobody knows the reason he acts the way he does and this story right here will explain just that.

With that being said our story starts with a boy and a girl.

Kol Mikaelson was what one would call a protégé in the arts of witchcraft when he was a child, he was also often left out by his siblings. Kol and Finn were the only ones to tap into their magic.

Kol more often than not would prefer to practice magic than to join his siblings in their activities. But that didn't mean he wouldn't appreciate at least being asked to join but alas it never happened. Finn was always more stuck to their mother's side to pay attention to any of his younger siblings.

Now we meet Cirilla Calypso, a young girl that was also a child protégé when it came to the art of witchcraft. Being a Calypso witch was kind of a big deal, they were powerful and Immortal, (but that didn't mean they couldn't die.) A spell cast by one of Ciri's ancestors gave them Immortality but also a way they could be killed if the need arose.

Cirilla's mother Rhaena Calypso died when she was just seven years old, she had gotten out of control and power hungry, so Cirilla's father since only Calypso witches and their families know the way to kill them, killed Rhaena to protect his daughter.

Little Cirilla was special; she had two rare abilities in the Calypso line, the ability of telekinesis, and her eyes glow an eerie green when using this ability. Her ability is different from a witch using magic to perform telekinesis, Ciri doesn't need to use magic to use the ability. And she had the ability to see the future.

Those two abilities paired together hasn’t been seen in a single person since Ciri’s ancestor, Aela Calypso, she was the same ancestor that cast the spell that granted her descendants immortality. But the fact that Cirilla inherited both of these abilities meant that she would be a very powerful witch one day.

These rare abilities are what made her mother turn on her, the older Calypso witch wanted the abilities because it would make her stronger so she planned to try and take the powers from the child, but Darron Verys-Calypso found out what his wife was planning, and made the hardest decision he ever had to make.

To protect his daughter, he eliminated the threat to her life.

Now, three years after that Darron got sick and died, Cirilla was ten, and then she was taken in by a close friend of her mother Ayana Bennett, the Bennett witch adopted the young girl naming her Cirilla Calypso-Bennett.

Now that brings us to the next chapter, of our story Ciri was sitting alone up by the falls one afternoon practicing her ability, Ayana warned her not to let the people of the village see her use it because it would scare them and they would try to hurt her.

Kol had just gotten scolded by his mother for a prank he pulled on his siblings and they were all mad at him, so he made his way to his safe place where he could be alone and no one would bother him.

But this time the 12-year-old arrived to find a blonde girl there, he approached and tapped her on the shoulder startling the young witch which in turn caused her ability to kick in instinctively and she threw him back.

Her eyes widened once she realized what happened and she got up and ran to his side. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry but you shouldn't sneak up on me like that."

Kol grinned at her and sat up "woah that was awesome… How did you do that? I'm Kol by the way, Kol Mikaelson."

Ciri gave him a small smile, "Cirilla Calypso-Bennett… I can't tell you that right now I'm sorry."

"You're Ayana's daughter, right? I've seen you around but we haven't had the chance to talk."

Cirilla smiled at the boy "adopted daughter, actually but yes." She offered him her hand, "let me help you up."

Kol smiled at her and took her hand letting the young girl help him up from the ground.

From that moment on Ciri and Kol were attached at the hip the best of friends, you rarely found one without the other.

So it was no surprise that the two ended up falling in love, and they were happy together, his siblings adored her though most of her time was spent with Kol, he proposed to her just a few weeks before he and his siblings were turned into vampires.

Ciri had a vision of Esther turning Kol and his siblings and the Mikaelson witch overheard Ciri telling Ayana about her vision and, she knew that she couldn’t kill her because not even she was that cruel, but she did find a spell that would put the girl into a deep sleep, meaning that everything was frozen while she was sleeping. There was also another reason for this, not only was it to stop her from warning Kol of what she was planning it was also to protect Cirilla.

Esther and Mikael turned their children into the first vampires before Esther told her son that something terrible had happened to his fiancée and that the news of the supposed death of the love of his life and their unborn child was what sent him spiraling and his heightened emotions of just being turned did not help the situation either.

But what he wasn’t aware of was the fact that they weren’t dead, Cirilla was just placed under a powerful sleeping spell that would protect her and her unborn child and it would be more than a millennium before they would be reunited.

****
Welcome to another installment of I have zero self control (: I hope you like the book. Also would you want a few pre-tvd chapters or just go straight into season 3 which is when this starts. With Elena and them finding the cave with the originals names carved into it.