chapter eighteen💪🐐

10 years later

Date: 10th July, 1929

It has been 10 years.. 10 years since the demon king who lived for centuries,and ruled over his own made creations cursed existence came in end, 10 years since Kamado Tanjiro lost a lot of his friends whom he cared about and most importantly, Muichiro tokito, the boy who he loved with all his heart lost his life. His death had left Tanjiro, the extroverted boy turn into more of an introvert with trust issues.

"Pretty ironic how I'm still alive and haven't died due to the curse huh" The man chuckled looking up at the clouds, Tanjiro was the only one who had awoken his mark from all his friends, so they were gonna live long while will he pass away soon. He was rather happy about it, atleast then he could maybe meet Muichiro and his family again in the afterlife.

He was sitting in his backyard, looking at clouds while making paper air planes. He still used to do the things he and Muichiro used to do together everyday.

"I missed you a lot my sunshine!"

My eyes widened as I looked infront of me, it was..Him

"Muichiro.."

"I'm sorry I left you for so long, I'm really sorry" He said wiping away his tears, laying down on my lap, like he always used to when he was sad.

"Why did you come..only today?" I asked, tears escaping my eyes as I stroked his hair.

"I watched over you everyday, everywhere, I even came sometimes to let you know I was always there. Just... You failed to notice since you were a human and I was a spirit"

"What do you mean...wait.. Am I?" I asked still confused.

"Yes you're dead sunshine" He got up from my lap and hugged me. His uniform was replaced with a light, sleeveless yukata with a turquoise mist design, I looked around to see a clear sky, it was so clear..clear than any sky I had ever seen and we were sitting on swallow..water? This place seemed like a.. Dream

I noticed my clothes changed too.. I was wearing.. My old clothes, the ones I used to wear when I wasn't a demon slayer.. But a boy who used to live happily with his family...

"I waited so long for this to happen! Soo long!" He smiled still sitting on my lap, with my hands holding his waist so he didn't fall and his hands on my shoulder. More tears started coming out of my eyes as I held him even tighter.

"Don't cry my prince.. It's alright! But.. I wanna know why you never got married to anyone... Why we're you lonely all these years? Was it my dea-"

"Don't mention thatit's all over now, my previous life is over. So let's just forget about it"

"Oh..well.. I also missed one more thing.. "

"Huh? What? " I looked at Muichiro confused while he to his side blushing , he then cupped his hands to frame my face and connect out lips. He kissed me, I kissed him back, even though his lips were cold, I missed this feeling.

When he parted, I laughed and said "So that's what you were missing!"

He looked away again and said "Shut up.. "

He looked at me again and said "I think some other people also want to meet you sunshine, behind you"

"Huh?" I looked behind to see.. My..family?

Muichiro disappeared as I ran towards my family, hugging my siblings while we all cried, they kept repeating how much they missed me, then my mom hugged me