Chapter 6

Win

I am half an hour early to school the next Monday, and I walk past Joss, who simply glares at me. Drama queen.

I dump my books in my locker and search for that other dramatic Alpha who cried on Friday night, admitting his crush on me. He's nowhere to be seen as usual, and so I walk around the school two times, only to spot him by a stairway, sitting alone and sadly munching on a taco.

I walk over to him and sit next to him. Much to his surprise that he gets startled and almost falls down the stairs and dies. I rest my elbow on my knee and lean on my wrist to look at his red face. He quickly swallows what's in his mouth and clears his throat.

"What are y-you doing here?" he stutters.

"Am I not allowed to be here?"

"Well... you- said- that I ruin everything and-- I thought you will- never t-talk to me." he puts his taco back in the paper bag and look at his empty hands.

"Right. I will gladly do so if you want me to." I innocently smile.

"I don't- want you to."

"Okay." I nod and let the silence engulf us. "I am sorry for lashing out at you too. For saying all those bad things." I genuinely apologise.

"But those were true. I've done nothing but ruin everything for you. Since the moment I stepped into your life."

"That isn't quite true. And there's another thing. I should apologise... for always saying bad things and commenting bad things about you. Because- well, I did realise it some time ago. You aren't the bad person I thought you were. However, I am still mad at you for several things. But I will dismiss them-" because you aren't the only bad person here. I am a hundred times as bad as you. I am the real villain in your story. You are far from a villain.

"Thank you." he smiles. "A-and... I, too, sorry for saying that I like you-"

"You don't?"

"I do... but I have an omega. I belong to him, and I can't like you, can I?"

"Feelings can't be forcefully removed. Just live for now and see what happens."

"Is that how you do things?"

"Yeah."

~.~

Bright (renamed 5 hours ago):
Wanna hang out?

Me:
Where?

Bright:
Movies.

Me:
Sure.
Tickets on me, snacks on you.

Bright:
Got it.
It's a date.

Me:
🤡

I arrived early for the movie and bought the tickets. Bright arrives only when the movie's just about to start, and he fills my lap with the snacks he got.

"Someone went overboard with it." I chuckle, setting them on the empty seat next to us. Gladly no one has booked it.

"The hall is almost empty," Bright says, flopping himself beside me.

"Yeah. The world knows that we are on a date." I give him a sarcastic reply. Then I hand him a snack packet so he can open it for me. And the movie starts. Five minutes have passed, and all I hear throughout is the crunching sound of Bright trying to open the packet.

"Give it here." I snatch it and open it in one go. Bright gasps as if I've gained some supernatural power.

"Woah. You are great."