23. I missed you

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

I sauntered down the stairs with a flutter fan in my left hand. I could hear chattering coming from the living room. I could make out Elle's voice trying to silence Gomez's deep baritone which was standing out amongst the noise. It seems like he was having a serious argument with Twyla. I could make out two more voices, strange voices and Dermot's. He wasn't supposed to be around. Didn't Elle break up with him? How long was yesterday?

Everyone quieted down the moment I walked in, all blinking their eyes with shock like it was a surprise I was alive. I roamed my eyes around and spotted the two strangers; a centaur and a guy with a fish head. The awkwardness keeps getting more interesting.

"Rinette," Ace squealed, running out of the kitchen. "Rinette!" He was already hugging me before I could blink. He cupped my face before I could speak again. "Are you okay now? Feeling any single pain? Aches? Dizziness?"

"Ace, she passed out, she didn't have a building fall on top of her, geez!" That was Gomez. I smiled softly and tenderly removed his hands from my cheeks, but he shocked me next by descending his lips on mine. I surprisingly wasted no time in responding to him with fervour, instinctively running his hand into my hair. He pulled me close and tried to deepen the kiss by trailing the tip of his tongue along the seam of my lips, I opened my mouth to him.

He moaned when our tongues met, I wrapped my arms around him and fisted my hands in the back of his shirt. He deepened the kiss even more, cupping the back of my head with one hand and trailing his fingers down my arm. When he reached my elbow, he brought his hand to my side. I didn't stop him so he brushed his fingers along the underside of my breast. I moaned into his mouth, pulling him closer.

"Ahem," Elle coughed. Ace reluctantly broke our kiss and glared at her. "We are here, you know,"

"Well get lost, we are busy… Rinette, are you feeling okay?" My eyes were still shut from the unfinished business. He pinched the bridge of my nose and flicked my eyelids. I giggled and opened my eyes.

"I'm fine, just exhausted. Hope you weren't that bothered?"

"Are you kidding me!" The centaur exclaimed. "The dude refused to eat because he switched to panic mode!"

"Ace not eating food, that's something you don't see every day, or ever, at all," Elle added.

"We had to force the food down his throat," Dermot added, rubbing his arm. I could tell from his actions that Ace must have hurt him when they tried to feed him. That must be why they were all here, forcing Ace to eat.

"How long was yesterday?" I giggled as Ace peppered kisses down my neck. Don't know what his problem is.

"Last week," Elle sighed. "Nine days to be precise,"

"Wow," I looked at the strangers. "And who are these gentle creatures?"

"Oh," the fish guy laughed and shifted shape into a small elf. "My name is Cosmo, I'm a shape-shifting elf,"

"Cool, you can shift to anything?"

"Not precisely but okay,"

"I'm Deil, centaur," I waved at them.

"What are you guys doing here? Ace, can you stop kissing me in front of so many people?"

"I missed you," he whined.

"Please?" I pleaded. He stopped kissing me but left his chin at the crown of my head. Gomez and Twyla were glaring at each other for no reason.

"Well, Elle called us over so we could all help her pin Ace down and force him to feed on something other than tears. He wouldn't stop crying because he believed you would never wake up. You stopped breathing for seven days." Dermot explained.

"He wouldn't have died if he didn't eat but Elle here wouldn't hear of it," Deil added.

"I lost two teeth because of this," Dermot grumbled. "And he roasted my arm!"

"Not sorry," Ace said scornfully. Dermot hissed at him.

"No fighting, guys, please," Elle pleaded. "We are still trying to deal with Gomez and Twyla's new hate for each other," I looked at them again, something wasn't right with them.

"Something isn't right," I muttered. I pushed Ace off with all of my strength and walked closer to them. "Gomez, Twyla, why are you two bickering? Twyla, you are not the type to bicker,"

"This dog wouldn't let Twyla be. Twyla detest his attitude and foolishness,"

"Insult me again and I will claw out your eyes!" Gomez snarled and then his wolf snarled viciously. I stepped back from them, the energy radiating from their bodies was familiar. I found myself hissing like Darcy took over.

"Who are you and what do you want with them?" I growled.

"Who's she talking to?" Cosmo asked.

"Who are you?! Come out now before I make you come out myself!" I shouted and raised my shaking hands. I could feel my hair extending and descending to the floor in its haze form. "Don't let me repeat myself, come out," I commanded harshly. A tub of lard ghosts stepped out of Gomez, and he sniggered. An evil one.

"Wow, she's commanding," he taunted. Another one, only thinner, came out of Twyla.

"Who are you and what do you want with my friends?" I asked authoritatively.

"The name's Cyan Richtown and this scrawny lad here is Calvin,"

"I hate repeating myself, what do you want?"

"Oh nothing but to cause a little chaos, we find joy in that," Calvin, the thin one replied with a mischievous smirk.

"So, you make them argue and then fight, is that it? One kills the other?"

"Of course, that will be fun," I laughed and clapped my hands, my haze falling out. I was under Darcy's control. "Well, bravo, excellent. The only error with your plan is that you chose the wrong people. You crossed my territory, uglies,"

"And what can you do, little girl?" They asked jestingly.

"What? I'll show you what?!" I roared, hearing a lot of voices in mine. A black whip appeared in my hand, I slashed it in the air, letting the sound cut through the thick silence. I spun the whip circularly while they tried to teleport but couldn't. "Let this sink into your head. My name is Darcy, the only shadow witch in existence and you are hereby banished for daring me," I latched the whip on their bodies, watching them both scream and crinkle up. I flogged them mercilessly until they crinkled up to ash.

The whip disappeared from my hand, I slumped down. "Not again!" Elle yelled. Ace caught me before I hit the floor.

"I'm okay, just dizzy," I whispered.

"What was that all about? We heard screams," Elle asked with concern.

"Ghosts, evil spirits,"

"Are you okay?"

"Ace, she's not okay! Can't you see how weak she is?!"

"I'm sorry," he caressed my cheek, causing my eyes to close. "I should call Ann,"

"No, I just need that soup of yours and I will be fine. Make it extra spicy,"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm going to die, Ace, soup," I coughed.

"I will make the best one, I promise,"

"Okay," I needed to get my book and if I'm going to be entering a dark forest, then I'm going to need someone who is the forest herself; Leaf.

Once I get my book, then I will fulfil the other things on my list.