37. We're already here

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

With my back pressed against the wall in fright, I clung to my own arm, trembling as I watched Ace easily block the lava. It wasn't a pretty sight; the monster, that is. Was I worried about my boyfriend? Yes, damn worried. I was confident that Ace could kill it, but I doubted the time and I was worried he'd get hurt.

"I can't kill it, I don't have the strength and time for that. The moment I say go, run, Rinette, okay?"

"Okay," I had seen Ace's body burnt with fire, his skin flame up, but I had never seen his entire body turn into liquid flesh; lava flesh. His hair burnt up completely, the ash of his clothes falling to the ground. I looked at the back of his head, avoiding looking at his behind which might be naked.

Ace stepped into the lava, looking up at the monster that was looking back at him with awe. My jaw dropped as he started growing, gaining more height by extracting the lava into his body. He grew and grew until he was a bit taller than the monster himself. I stood there awestruck, amazed by the power of my boyfriend. Darcy purred, agreeing to that thought.

The monster now seeing how Ace grew stepped back a little, calculating how he would attack. Well, Ace didn't give him time because he hurled himself forward, colliding with the monster. They both fell into the lava, the force causing a severe splash and splatter. My shadow enfolded me, shielding me from the splash. I could hear the thing roaring. I opened a little space for me to see, they weren't on the surface of the lava but I could tell they were down there. Ace must have known fighting up would endanger me or he just loves fighting under.

‹You can either get your ass over to the other side or wait here for answers.›

‹But Ace hasn't said I should go yet.›

‹Imagine he is not here, won't you take care of yourself?› Darcy was right, I needed to go. Lifting myself off the ground, I launched across the lake, staying at a far distance between the lake and the mini sun.

Almost there

"Whoa!" Lava erupted from the lake, bursting up and almost disintegrating me. "Wow, that was close… whoa!" More lava sprouted up and erupted. I had to dodge them as I flew past. The heat from the lava and the sun was weakening me, but not enough to stop me from flying.

Finally across, I dashed into the tunnel, going as far away as possible. I jumped down from the top, switching back to my original body. Elle and the others were released, all gasping and looking like they had been locked in the spirit world for years.

"Don't ever put me in there again," Leaf said ghostly, clinging to Gomez who didn't look that bothered.

"Where's Ace?"

"Fighting a lava giant,"

"Huh?" The thin tunnel became hotter, very, very hot. Ace was coming. I turned my head, not wanting to see anything that would haunt me.

"Ace," Elle chirped. "So glad you are okay. Did you use your full powers?"

"Almost," I heard Ace whisper weakly. "Rinette, why are you hiding your face?"

"You can be naked,"

"I'm not,"

"I saw your clothes burn to ash,"

"Aren't you too shy for someone who has sucked his dick?" Elle chuckled. The others snickered.

"Really?" I blushed. Elle chortled.