You, Me and Pack

Christa escorted me back to my bedroom and helped me into the shower considering the mess I was at the moment. Honestly, I was surprised that Delilah had attacked me like she had. I knew she didn't like me but never would have figured to be that much of loose cannon. When I was done with my shower I made my way over to the mirror afraid at what I might find staring back at me. 

I took in a deep breath before I opened my eyes. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not as bad as I was expecting. Thank god for the fast healing skills of my werewolf genes. There was only a small purplish tint around my eyes from my nose being broken and with a little make-up it wouldn't even be noticeable. My shoulder would wasn't the prettiest but as long as I didn't wear anything sleeveless tonight no one would know the difference. 

I smiled at myself approvingly and turned grabbing a towel and wrapping it around myself. When I came into my room I was suddenly surrounded by arms, "Oh my god! Dane told me everything! I could hunt her down myself, I'm so mad." Jane squeaked in my ear. I was surprised and looked to see Christa standing near the door with Nadia who was shaking her head at Jane. 

I patted Jane's back, "My ribs—" I say a little breathless. She releases me quickly her cheeks tinting pink with embarrassment, "Oh—" She chuckles, "Sorry, I guess I got a little dramatic there. I'm just glad you're okay." 

I lift a brow, "You honestly doubted that I would be? I'm a bit insulted." I tease. 

"Though she did get a good hit in—" Christa states and I look to her with a glare, "Don't remind me. She's lucky I didn't kill her—I probably would have if it wasn't for thinking Noah would disapprove." 

"Since when have you started caring whether Noah would disapprove?" Nadia jumps in with a curious tone. I feel the heat of everyone's gaze on me and I clear my throat, "I haven't really—I just thought it would be a good thing to do when trying to join a pack..." I try to explain without much conviction. 

"Oh my god..." Nadia says with a huge grin, "You totally have the hots for your mate." 

"What?" I say looking to her with big eyes.

"I'm confused..." Jane says looking between the two of us, "Isn't she supposed to have the hots for her mate?" 

She points a finger at me ignoring Jane's complete confusion, "Don't you try to play games right now Scarlett. You totally want to cut yourself off some of that Alpha pie—this is priceless. After all the fighting and dragging your feet...he's totally gotten under your skin. Admit it." She crosses her arms over her chest looking mighty proud with herself like she was some kind of werewolf Nancy Drew. 

I can feel my face heating up at her accusations and as much as I want to deny them I know that I can't because the truth is that Noah has gotten under my skin. Even with as much as I fought and tried to push him away. Now I'm completely confused by what I feel for him. 

"I admit that he's going to be pissed if were late to this ceremony. So I need to get ready." I say completely disregarding her accusations. Making my way to my closet and closing myself inside of it to hide myself from all there prying stares. I lean myself against the door with a sigh. Nadia is right, he has gotten under my skin more than I want to admit.