Honest Revelations

I was taken to Noah's room and that is where I've remained for the past two days under heavy guard though I doubted anyone was truly out to get me at the moment. If someone was going to kill me they probably wouldn't do it so soon after making a huge scene. Dane and Ryder had been investigating the death of Gretchen and the disappearance of Delilah. That had shocked a lot of people, apparently their punishment had only been to serve perimeter duty for the month, which I think was definitely not fitting considering she had wanted to kill me. Either way Gretchen had been butchered and Delilah was missing in action. I think most people were assuming that she too was dead somewhere and while I hoped that might be true something in the back of my mind told me she was alive still. 

I was more curious about who that message on the wall was meant for. Obviously whoever had killed Gretchen had been persuaded to do so by someone and in my mind there are only two things people are often willing to kill over—love and revenge. I was also pretty certain that this was in some way connected to Kellan. He was out to destroy Noah and what better way to do that than from the inside out since his first plan hadn't panned out the way he'd meant it to. 

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Noah's voice caused my body to freeze. I hadn't even heard the door open I had been so lost in my thoughts. I looked up slowly to see him standing there as if he hadn't spent the past couple of days locked up in the basement. I wasn't sure how to react, my wolf was howling with excitement and my heart was hammering in my chest but my mind was full of questions. 

"Hi..." I want to smack myself the moment the word leaves my lips. Really Scarlett? Hi? That's the best you can do? 

Noah lifts a quizzical brow at me before a small smile spread over his lips, "Hi." He repeats the ridiculous word back to me in an almost mocking tone. I feel my cheeks rush with heat and I quickly look away from him. Why is it so different to be around him now? I'm not sure how I'm so supposed to act or treat him. He closes the door and moves past me on the couch as he pulls his shirt over his head. 

My eyes eat up the view for a moment before I look away, "What are you doing?" I question a little breathless. 

"Scarlett I just spent the past three days in the basement. I really just want to take a shower—" He says with a bit of humor to his voice. The fact that he seemed so lighthearted made me realize that no one must have told him about Gretchen or Delilah. I know I need to tell him but I don't want to ruin this moment with him. It can wait a little bit longer. I peeked back in his direction to find him looking at me, "Is there something you need to say Scarlett?" He asks still smirking at me. 

I shake my head and peel my eyes from him to the floor, "I guess it's just weird now—seeing you like this after..." I clear my throat, "Well you know...Everything." My cheek feel hot and I know I must be shades pinker than I already was. 

"Mm. I can imagine it would be." He responds distantly. I look back to him to see his back as he walks to the bathroom, dropping his pants at the door like he couldn't care less if I saw anything. I stood there awkwardly staring at the bathroom door not sure if I should just wait for him come back or not. I mean the last time I went into that bathroom after him he almost attacked me. 

I decide to take a chance and stand near the bathroom door. I wasn't sure how to start a conversation with him now but as if he could sense me Noah chuckled, "Are you afraid of me now?" He peeks his head into view our gazes meeting. I stared into his eyes silently for a moment before shaking my head, "No. I just wasn't sure you'd appreciate me following you into the bathroom after what happened last time." His eyes searched mine for a moment as if trying to find the truth of my words. His expression softened, "I promise I'm not going to jump you Scarlett. I have complete control—it was a momentary lapse."